Special Diet

keystone148

I am allergic to onions!! Carnival accommodates me by having me order dinner the night before and cooking anything that I choose without onions. It doesn't matter if it is a soup, pasta dish, etc. When I sailed Royal Caribbean in 2014 they just guided my choices and substituted dishes without onions. Unfortunately that meant a lot of grilled chicken, carrots and peas. We are looking into sailing other cruise lines besides Carnival, but I want to enjoy the food on the cruise. To be fair, RCL may have changed their policy by now. I'd like to hear from other cruises with diet issues to hear how the various lines handle the situation. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have sailed on Disney, Carnival, and NCL with a daughter who had severe allergies to dairy and all nuts. All 3 of those lines handled her meals with care. The day before, they would bring her the next day menus and have her pick what she would like to eat and they would make that meal without the allergens. Desserts were difficult but they considered this a good challenge and each night brought her something amazing! They allowed us to bring her safe milk on board too! Also, one of the lines (maybe Carnival), stored our freezer packs in their freezer so we could keep her food items cold when we went on shore since finding "safe" food was worrisome in foreign ports.