July Sale

Ski Mom 2

In the past we were told the July sale had the best prices. Today I'm not so sure. I'm looking at Treasures of Southern Spain and Morocco for October, 2018.

Today the October 20, 2017 cruise is "on sale" starting at $2499 on Wind Surf. I actually still have a brochure from February 2017 that shows that same cruise with reduced fares from $2399 plus free perk. You can't tell which dates that fare was for or if it was for Wind Surf or Wind Star.

Today the October 27, 2018 cruise is regular price starting at $2499 on Wind Star.

Just trying to decide if I should call and talk to WS about October 2018 or wait it out for maybe the Christmas sale. I assume the Wind Surf charges more since it's a bigger ship (we've sailed on both Wind Spirit and Wind Surf) and we love both so it really doesn't matter which ship we sail. Thoughts?

. I assume the Wind Surf charges more since it's a bigger ship (we've sailed on both Wind Spirit and Wind Surf) and we love both so it really doesn't matter which ship we sail. Thoughts?

No, I have not found cruises on the Wind Surf to be priced higher; in fact, they have often been priced lower.

For what it's worth... we booked 7 day Tahiti cruise over a year before our sailing date. Got a great price with a discount for Canadian customers (dollar value sucks!). A few months ago there was a flash sale and we were reduced almost 50% again. So I'd say best prices come in Jan/feb for our dates and destination. Three weeks from embarking. Wahoo!

I'm watching this years cruise and sales to try to figure out when the best time to purchase the October 2018 cruise. I'm also looking at airfare. A girl's gotta dream...!

You could always just book it now and have future price drops applied later. That way you can lock up the room that you want.That's what we have always done.

Does anybody know whether or not they price match to the price of the weekly specials?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think the upgrades are funny on WS, all the cabins are exactly the same with the exceptions of the few suites. Floor number is very subjective. We are 20 timers and usually get offered an upgrade but we prefer to be on level one because of the gentle rocking at night we never sleep as good. Some people like being higher. On the Spirit and Star since there is no elevator it is better to be higher because of less stairs for some people. On the motor yacht we were offered an upgrade to a French balcony for $200 pp and we took it, was great loved it but for extra 500 plus pp it was a bit steep for us in the regular pricing. Happy Sailing

Travel agent phoned us. Yes, same size cabin, one floor up. Found out later that our porthole is now near the gangway. We're never there so no issue unless someone like to sleep later as there will be noise at time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums