Walk from St. Catherine's to Tobacco Bay

jaee901

Yes, you can walk between Tobacco Bay and Fort St Catherine or St Catherine's Beach. There is construction going on near the beach. I don't think the construction will impact Barry Road which you will be walking on to get to FSC.

SBtS

Thank you for your help!

I would like to walk to these places, but how will I know which way to go?

With a map. First time I was in St. George's I went to the Visitor Information Center in the Town Square in St. George's and a nice lady marked a map for me but really if you get a map it is pretty simple to figure out on your own. They give out really nice pocket maps at the VICs. You can get your Bermuda map at the VIC at the Dockyard at your cruise terminal. Whatever you do I advise against using Google Maps. Last time I looked they had the street names wrong.

With a map. First time I was in St. George's I went to the Visitor Information Center in the Town Square and a nice lady marked a map for me but really if you get a map it is pretty simple to figure out on your own. They give out really nice pocket maps at the VICs. You can get your Bermuda map at the VIC at the Dockyard at your cruise terminal. Whatever you do I advise against using Google Maps. Last time I looked they had the street names wrong and the routes they give are wrong to.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Are there beach chairs and umbrellas for rent on St Catherine's beach? And if yes- what the cost?

thanks

There is nothing for rent there. There are no facilities either. Not even a porta potty. That is why everyone pretty much says they enjoyed a beach to themselves.....no one hardly goes there and if they do they don't stay long.

There is nothing for rent there. There are no facilities either. Not even a porta potty. That is why everyone pretty much says they enjoyed a beach to themselves.....no one hardly goes there and if they do they don't stay long.

That's the best thing about St Catherine's.;):D

I read that there is a little beach (not sure of the name) very near St. Catherine's that does have a small bar/grill. Mitsugirly (who posts on the Cruise Critic Norwegian forum) described stopping there for a snack. I wonder if they have bathroom facilities.

I read that there is a little beach (not sure of the name) very near St. Catherine's that does have a small bar/grill. Mitsugirly (who posts on the Cruise Critic Norwegian forum) described stopping there for a snack. I wonder if they have bathroom facilities.

That is the Beach House. It is on a hill that overlooks Achilles Bay which is a very small private beach part of the St. George's Club, that private beach is down some stairs behind the Beach House. They do have restrooms at the restaurant/bar. The last time I went to St. Catherine's beach, after visiting the fort, I was totally alone on the beach, as my traveling companion was golfing, after a very short time on St. Catherine's beach which was full of seaweed, no one was caring for it, I went to the Beach House, had a beer and used their restroom.