Hamilton or St. George

saslis

You can get to both from either. If you go to Hamilton first, it is a shorter ferry ride and a longer bus or taxi ride. If you go to St George's first, it is a longer ferry ride and a shorter bus or taxi ride.

The ferry to Hamilton takes about 20 minutes and departs the Dockyard about once an hour. The ferry to SG takes about 45 minutes and departs the Dockyard twice in the AM. To make your plan really, really doable, you should take the ferry that departs the Dockyard at 9:30 am.

The bus (route #10 or #11) from Hamilton takes about 30-35 minutes to get to the caves. The bus (route #10 or #11) from SG takes about 20 minutes to get to the caves.

If you take a taxi from either Hamilton or SG, travel times would less than the bus in both instances.

SBtS

• 1 month later...
You can get to both from either. If you go to Hamilton first, it is a shorter ferry ride and a longer bus or taxi ride. If you go to St George's first, it is a longer ferry ride and a shorter bus or taxi ride.

The ferry to Hamilton takes about 20 minutes and departs the Dockyard about once an hour. The ferry to SG takes about 45 minutes and departs the Dockyard twice in the AM. To make your plan really, really doable, you should take the ferry that departs the Dockyard at 9:30 am.

The bus (route #10 or #11) from Hamilton takes about 30-35 minutes to get to the caves. The bus (route #10 or #11) from SG takes about 20 minutes to get to the caves.

If you take a taxi from either Hamilton or SG, travel times would less than the bus in both instances.

SBtS

Thank you for this information. I would like to do St. George and Hamilton in the same day. Please advise if the following is available: first ferry out from Royal Naval Dockyard to St. George; ferry to Hamilton after lunch; ferry back to Royal Naval Dockyard from Hamilton. Thank you.

Thank you for this information. I would like to do St. George and Hamilton in the same day. Please advise if the following is available: first ferry out from Royal Naval Dockyard to St. George; ferry to Hamilton after lunch; ferry back to Royal Naval Dockyard from Hamilton. Thank you.

You could do that but my suggestion would be to take the bus from St. George's to Hamilton after lunch instead of a ferry back to the Dockyard and another ferry to Hamilton as you propose. You would see some of the island and interact with the locals. It would also take less time on transportation.

There is no direct ferry connection between St George's and Hamilton. As Charles wrote, ferry from SG to the Dockyard, then ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton. If you do it this way, I believe you can get a transfer so you don't have to pay a second ferry fare.

SBtS

There is no direct ferry connection between St George's and Hamilton. As Charles wrote, ferry from SG to the Dockyard, then ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton. If you do it this way, I believe you can get a transfer so you don't have to pay a second ferry fare.

SBtS

It didn't occur to me that they might have thought they could get a direct ferry from St.George's to Hamilton but I can see from rereading their post that they might have thought so.

I have done St. George's and Hamilton in the same day but we didn't hop from one ferry to another. After coming back from St. George's which included some snorkeling we would return to the ship, change clothes and head for Hamilton, sometimes to take in Harbour Nights. So don't know about transfers. One time when we were docked in Hamilton we took the ferry to the Dockyard, then to St. George's and bused it back to Hamilton but we had a transportation pass so the transfer question didn't come into it but I believe that they might transfers for that.

Edited by Charles4515

It didn't occur to me that they might have thought they could get a direct ferry from St.George's to Hamilton but I can see from rereading their post that they might have thought so.

I have done St. George's and Hamilton in the same day but we didn't hop from one ferry to another. After coming back from St. George's which included some snorkeling we would return to the ship, change clothes and head for Hamilton, sometimes to take in Harbour Nights. So don't know about transfers. One time when we were docked in Hamilton we took the ferry to the Dockyard, then to St. George's and bused it back to Hamilton but we had a transportation pass so the transfer question didn't come into it but I believe that they might transfers for that.

There are no free transfers between the buses and ferries. You have to pay two fares. The only free transfer on the ferry system is is traveling between St. George and Hamilton with changing ferries in Dockyard. I've never done it so I can't personally verify it, but there is documentation of that free transfer on the bus schedule http://www.gotobermuda.com/sites/default/master/files/bermuda-bus-schedule.pdf

under "Transfers" in the "Bus and Ferry Fare Information" section.