Waikiki Friday fireworks dinner cruise

Flukster

My wife and I would like to do a Waikiki Friday fireworks dinner cruise.

We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort for a week before we catch the POA on Saturday so something that picks us up on the beach would be nice. Alcohol included or cheap is a bonus;p.

Any recommendations?

My wife and I would like to do a Waikiki Friday fireworks dinner cruise.

We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort for a week before we catch the POA on Saturday so something that picks us up on the beach would be nice. Alcohol included or cheap is a bonus;p.

Any recommendations?

I believe the HHV offers a dinner/fireworks cruise that leaves from the Hilton Pier.

Also, there is a Makani Catamoran which does the same, but probably much more casual and less $. It includes 1 drink with dinner but full bar available. Pick up from hotel included per the website.

I found both by googling "Fireworks Dinner Cruise Waikiki". Or you might call HHV direct and speak to the excursions desk. Reviews of both can probably be found on Trip Advisor.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the HHV offers a dinner/fireworks cruise that leaves from the Hilton Pier.

Also, there is a Makani Catamoran which does the same, but probably much more casual and less $. It includes 1 drink with dinner but full bar available. Pick up from hotel included per the website.

I found both by googling "Fireworks Dinner Cruise Waikiki". Or you might call HHV direct and speak to the excursions desk. Reviews of both can probably be found on Trip Advisor.

We did the catamaran dinner cruise through Princess a few years ago. Looking to book this on our overnight in April before our POA trip which is a Friday. We didn't have fireworks but did have a wonderful sunset. Will keep a watch on your post for others comments. I would do this again maybe the Marriott Resort has something as well. Once I get the info I will pass it on.

Thanks

We decided on using https://sailholokai.com and booked the sunset cruise (open bar, alcohol included) followed by the fireworks cruise (not open bar but after first cruise should be good :-) ) . They pick you up on Waikiki Beach near the Outriggers hotel. Just a short walk from out hotel...

Oh and second cruise was $5 cheaper for repeat offenders. So no dinner but $100 per person for about 4 hours of sailing plus alcohol so win win in my book

;-p

• 1 month later...

You can actually see them down past Duke's restrant. Not sure how much further past as many hotels sit on the beach but Hilton sticks out into the ocean and launches them over the ocean so you could probably see then all the way to diamond head.

Yes I found those and many others before I posted.

I was asking for a recommendation from someone who has actually done one.

The money is far, far better spent on a nice meal like Orchids at Halekulani or Michel's at the Colony Surf.

The fireworks are very short and the meal on board is very mediocre for the cost.

Do a daytime catamaran cruise like the Na Hoku ii to get the experience/view.

To each his own. We enjoyed the back to back cruise and as a matter of fact we also did the snorkeling cruise as well. Swimming with sea turtles was awesome.

We also spent over $300 at Orchids for an overrated meal.

YMMV

Sunset cruise has free booze and I think snacks. The snorkeling cruise had drinks for a cost after snorkeling not before and snacks. Fireworks cruise, booze has a cost but very reasonable when considering what drinks cost in Waikiki. They had a deal where you buy their shaker for $10 and refills are $3. So 4 drinks for $20 good luck finding that anywhere in Oahu.

https://goo.gl/photos/aStpGbLhFYjJ16wj9

Some pics

Delete if I am breaking rules...

These are great photos. I think viewing Waikiki from the water is a must do experience. I had never thought of including the fireworks in the cruise. It is such a short show but an evening on the water, watching the lights of Waikiki come on would be fun. Thanks for sharing the photos. Cherie

• 1 month later...

I don't see the Mai'tai catamaran moonlight cruise mentioned above and that's the cheapest/most casual I've seen. It does have complimentary drinks but is only 1.5 hours so still time for dinner elsewhere. This one is only on Fridays and different from the Sunset cruise other nights.

http://www.maitaicatamaran.com/mahina-moonlight-sail.htm#tour