Horseshoe. Walk to beach from bus

flyingandcruising

Dont take the bus but get a van/taxi, seven dollars a person. Eill drop you off right at beach level

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The Minibus shuttles are what cost a flat $7 per person. Taxis charge a metered rate. So for 1-4 in a taxi it will run about $35 for the taxi, 4-7 about $44. Both the minibuses and taxis drop at the bottom of the hill unlike the public buses. Either the Minibus or a taxi are what the OP should take because of the mobility issues.

My mom has some mobility issues (not in wheelchair). What is the walk like from the bus to the beach? How far?

Thank you.

The mini-bus is $7.00 p/p; a taxi is about $35.00 for up to 4 passengers plus tip. As the p/p wrote, you get dropped off at beach level.

The down hill walk from the public bus route is about .3 mile.

SBtS

My mom has some mobility issues (not in wheelchair). What is the walk like from the bus to the beach? How far?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The hill is steep so walking up it could be a problem. The Minibus Shuttles and taxis drop off and pick up at the bottom so the hill can be avoided. Besides the hill being an issue for some, the buses are best avioded on the beach route from the Dockyard to Horseshoe because they get crowded on that route. No guarantee of a seat and sometimes everyone can not fit on a bus and people have to wait in the heat for the next bus.

Thanks all for the replies. We were hoping to get 2 day transit passes. but if it's best to take the mini bus, we will do that.

Since the 2 day Transportation Pass costs $31.50 p/p. It makes financial sense to buy one if you were to be boarding a public bus or ferry more than 7 times during the 2 consecutive days it is used. The TP can not be used on the mini-bus to Horseshoe. The fare is $7.00 cash p/p. If you are cruising with NCL, there is a free ferry to St George's.

The convenience of the TP can not be ignored when considering carrying a pocket full of tokens or coins vs a credit card sized TP.

SBtS

I agree with everything previous posters have said, we always go by shuttle van for $7 each way, drops you right at the beach level, clean and comfy transportation. If you are sailing in on Norwegian, they have a free ferry to St. Georges, so consider that before buying a transportation pass. You may only need it if plans take you to Hamilton, and I believe you can just pay the fare ($5, I think) on the ferry. Everyone accepts American dollars, so you do not need to exchange cash. My advice is to get cash to bring from home and keep surplus in your cabin safe as ATM machines in Bermuda and onboard come with a hefty fee. There is an ATM at Horseshoe Bay and a lunch spot that does accept credit cards.