Last Minute Bookings

lec2017

How far out does Disney start doing last minute guaranteed rooms? Last year we booked one 60 days out and paid $1900 for 3 people with a balcony. That set our pricing expectations pretty high this year and so now I'm wondering how long to wait to book a January or February cruise?

IF there are to be reduced rates for a cruise, they will usually appear after the penalty date (typically 75 days before embarkation, but there are exceptions to this). Specials appear any time between the embarkation date and one day after the penalty date, usually in the 60-74 day range. If you see one, you need to be prepared to grab it quickly. The number of cabins are limited and what you see today may not be available tomorrow....or it may be available up to 3 days before cruising. You can't predict. There are web sites that list all currently available special rates; unfortunately the one I'm familiar with is run by a TA and can't be listed here. In addition, I get a weekly e-mail from my TA listing any new special offers from several different lines. It is just enough to make me aware without filling my mailbox, and if they have nothing to say, they don't send a mailing.

Currently there are special rates available for September and October, along with one Magic cruise in December.

It is helpful if you are stating prices that if you also name the ship and length of cruise. From that price, I'm guessing 3-4 nights.

Yes it was a 4 night on the Wonder. I've been watching a 5 night and saw it at $2000 for us for a few weeks and now it's up to $2500 so fingers crossed it goes back down. We aren't set on Disney but prefer it so I'm definitely shopping around.

Yes it was a 4 night on the Wonder. I've been watching a 5 night and saw it at $2000 for us for a few weeks and now it's up to $2500 so fingers crossed it goes back down. We aren't set on Disney but prefer it so I'm definitely shopping around.

Good luck...all you can do is keep watching for *GT rates or any other discounts that you may qualify for.