Huahine Beach

sita

In researching public beaches available within walking distance of our tendering location in Huahine, I read multiple descriptions of Fare Beach / Fare Town Beach. It appears to be the same beach for the shipboard excursion Day At The Beach in front of Maitai Lapita. Not to detract from the ship offerings, but we are no interested in lunching (or spending 6 hours) there. Nor does it appear we will need transport. Does anyone know if this is a private beach?

If so, any public beach recommendations within walking distance? Thanks!

In researching public beaches available within walking distance of our tendering location in Huahine, I read multiple descriptions of Fare Beach / Fare Town Beach. It appears to be the same beach for the shipboard excursion Day At The Beach in front of Maitai Lapita. Not to detract from the ship offerings, but we are no interested in lunching (or spending 6 hours) there. Nor does it appear we will need transport. Does anyone know if this is a private beach?

If so, any public beach recommendations within walking distance? Thanks!

There is a very beautiful beach called Ana iti beach. If you walk by the entrance to the Bridge on the PG you will see a panoramic picture of it....beautiful and isolated. You will need pick up and drop off by boat. You may also want to try the Relais Mahana beach i havent been there but heard it is good. They will pick you up and drop you off for a price.

The beach next to the Mai Tai is private and the 'beach' next to the wharf at Fare is very small and on weekends and after school the local kids swim here so it can be a bit noisy but fun to watch.

No real good beaches within walking distance of the tender location. I would agree that the beach area at Relais Mahana is very nice and not busy. I've visited there before and not only is it a nice beach but they knock out some pretty good food at this place.