Dining on Odyssey

My husband and I are taking our first cruise and we have chosen the Odyssey Caribbean cruise.

Is there someone please who can explain to me the different dining options and whether it is necessary to book a table. I read on the Seabourn web site that it is 'Open Dining' which implies to me 'no reservations required'. However, I have avidly been reading the forum comments and I notice some guests have not been able to obtain a reservation for their chosen restaurant. We love good food and wine and do not wish to be disappointed.

Any explanations and help very welcome please!

Thank you.

A reservation is required for the TK Grill. You can do that on line, via a phone call or once on board. It is extremely popular and there are limits as to how often you may dine there. The only other time we ever make a reservation is if we have a large group and we dining in the Restaurant or if we want to go to one of the TK ad Hoc nights in the Colonnade. I have never dined at the Patio Grill at night and have read mixed reports as to whether you reserve for those dinners. Others may be able to give you accurate info for that option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We almost always ate at tables for two on all our Seabourn cruises. Never a reservation in the MDR, only reservations (recommended) on speciality nights in the Colonnade. Normally no need to reserve at night on the patio (and we loved dinner there) - but TK needs a reservation. We loved TK also and reserved our quota but then had our name on a wait list and often have been thrilled to find an opening at the last moment. Don't forget to do in-room or on Veranda dining also! You will LOVE it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot make a reservation for two in the Restaurant even if you wanted to. They will reserve a table for six or more.

True, but we never have a problem if we arrive around 7 pm.

Can one order off the TK menu for in-suite dining the way one can from the MDR menu? How about with 24 hour advance notice? We have had all sorts of specialty items-sometimes of our own design-provided for in cabin dining in the past but wondered if the TK menu was somehow "off-limits".?

I am pretty sure you cannot as quantities of his specialty sourced ingredients are limited but you could ask. I am now quoting from the daily dining menu we received in our suite each night for the next day -- under the heading " In Suite Dining" it states :

"Available any time. The Restaurant menu is served during dinner hours"

So it says to me it is those dishes in addition to those on the regular room service menu.