Disney Bus Transfers from MCO

DukeBlueDevil

Hello!

We are trying to figure out what would be the best way to get to Port Canaveral from MCO with our 2 year old twins. When using the Disney bus transfers from the airport, would we need to bring their car seats?

Thank you!

No, car seats are not required on buses .

Car seats are not required and often don't fit on a bus. In addition, your children are under 3, so will not be charged for a seat. This also means that if the bus is full, they are not entitled to a seat and must be held in your arms. If the bus is not full, they are welcome to one of the "spare" seats. Essentially it works the same as it does on a plane.

Also, the large buses usually do not have seat belts. I believe a few of the buses do, but don't count on it.

When we did the cruise, we used the car seats for the plane flight, and we rented a car because we flew in a day early but used the MDE for the return trip to MCO. The seats were checked under the bus with the rest of the luggage.

To store them, you can either stack them in the closet and loose all of your hanging space or put them under the bed.

We have the Graco Natulus seats and I pulled up the seat bottom cover, unlocked the back so it would fold down and it would slide under the bed rail if no one was sitting on it.

I don't know if they still do it, but in the past if you rented a Budget car each way, the location in Cape Canaveral (CC5) would allow you to store your car seats at their location while you cruised. You can bring a large trash bag, place the car seat(s) in it, and label it. The car seats will be waiting for you after the cruise when you pick up your car! Call he local office directly to confirm whether they still offer this; the national office won't have a clue.

FWIW, I had an "issue" with Budget a few months ago when their computer system was having a problem and wouldn't allow the "pay now" option which included a lower cost. After 7 attempts over 2 days, I phoned and the agent advised me to reserve a car under the "pay at pick up" option and sort it out when I arrived to get the car. You guessed it--I arrived to pick up the car and they wouldn't honor the lower cost, nor would the national office customer service when I got home (stating that I had signed the agreement at the office...yeah, I had to sign it to get the car.) As a result of this episode, I will no longer rent from Budget or their counterpart Avis. If they are still holding car seats for guests, that might make it worthwhile for others.

At least some of the DCL buses have seat belts.

• 5 months later...
Also, the large buses usually do not have seat belts. I believe a few of the buses do, but don't count on it.

When we did the cruise, we used the car seats for the plane flight, and we rented a car because we flew in a day early but used the MDE for the return trip to MCO. The seats were checked under the bus with the rest of the luggage.

To store them, you can either stack them in the closet and loose all of your hanging space or put them under the bed.

We have the Graco Natulus seats and I pulled up the seat bottom cover, unlocked the back so it would fold down and it would slide under the bed rail if no one was sitting on it.

Old thread, I know, but I have a car seat question! When you arrive at port, do you have the porters take your seats and get them to your room or do you carry them on the ship yourself? We are flying with 2 seats on the plane in a couple weeks, staying at Disney, and then taking Disney transfer to the cruise. I would never let airline handlers handle the seats, so wondering if the same holds true for porters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread, I know, but I have a car seat question! When you arrive at port, do you have the porters take your seats and get them to your room or do you carry them on the ship yourself? We are flying with 2 seats on the plane in a couple weeks, staying at Disney, and then taking Disney transfer to the cruise. I would never let airline handlers handle the seats, so wondering if the same holds true for porters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, the way the luggage is handled onto the ships and sorted out to areas onboard is pretty rough. I wouldn't recommend it. This is a picture of a luggage "storage/sorting" area on the Fantasy:

2jcsgas.jpg

Yes, they basically toss the bags into a pile.