Pearl Harbor Purse/Camera Bag Policy

cruiselover**

I have read the rules pertaining to carrying purses and/or camera bags at Pearl Harbor and know that they are not permitted. I plan on wearing pants that have pockets for my items, but am a little concerned about dropping my point and shoot camera somewhere (I am a bit clumsy sometimes) since I don't have zippered pockets on any of my pants. Would I be able to wear one of those small, clear cell phone carriers on a lanyard or something? I know they are normally used to protect cell phones from water damage, but I was hoping that would be something that is permitted at Pearl Harbor since it doesn't conceal anything. If anyone has any recent experience with this I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi

I got a neck strap for my point and shoot camera. Cheap through the usual online retail "store".

The rules say:

• Bag Restrictions - Due to security reasons, NO purses, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, camera bags, luggage or other items that provide concealment are allowed in the Visitor Center. Please do not leave valuable items in your vehicles. Bag storage is available at the entrance the Visitor Center for a $4 fee per bag fee.
  • Visitors should bring in their wallets, cameras (no large camera bags are allowed), cellular phones, and water bottles. Baby carriages and wheel chairs are also permitted.