cabins

Missymssy

Maybe I'm missing it, but where would the different cabins be described? For example, what is the difference between a V1 and a V2? Same cabin, but different location on ship? Same with the various DV cabins. Are they just priced according to where they are?

On the Viking website, under the Ships tab, choose any ship and then scroll down to the bottom of the page where it describes the different cabins. Hit the show more button to see the V and DV cabins. Here is a link to the Viking Star, but the descriptions and layouts for all ships are the same.

Basically, the difference between the V and the DV is location and a few of the perks--and the difference in location is minimal. V cabins are only on Decks 3 and 4. There are a few threads here discussing outside noise levels in the various cabins on Deck 3, especially those by the theatre. Perk differences include for V cabins no complimentary mini-bar replenishment (you can pay for re-fills), no advanced reservations in the specialty restaurants (easy enough to make them on-board), and being last to book shorex (you are guaranteed a place on the included tours).

I would personally always try for a V cabin unless I was going to upgrade to PV's or a DV1 in an aft stateroom. The V's are every hard to get unless you book almost immediately when reservations open. Still hoping to downgrade for our World Cruise!

DV cabin perks: coffee maker, cashmere throw and binoculars....We will probably have the coffee maker removed to free up a shelf.

Looking forward to !st Viking Cruise to the Caribbean this fall. Currently booked in DV midship. A little concerned that two chairs will may be uncomfortable for 15-day cruise. Husband does not appear concerned. He can relax anywhere. I feel the sofa would be more comfortable. However, not clear it is worth $1800 to upgrade to PV3.

Looking forward to !st Viking Cruise to the Caribbean this fall. Currently booked in DV midship. A little concerned that two chairs will may be uncomfortable for 15-day cruise. Husband does not appear concerned. He can relax anywhere. I feel the sofa would be more comfortable. However, not clear it is worth $1800 to upgrade to PV3.

We didn't spend that much time in our cabin to worry about it, although I will admit that I found the chairs just right for catnapping.

I too was concerned when we were on the Baltic cruise,

only having chairs, not a sofa. Not only did I not miss the sofa but discovered I actually liked the two chairs. Having experienced the comfort of the chairs I would not pay extra just to get sofa.