NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

So I have a question for those of you that sail suites, do you see any value in this card? I know the double meta-cross hopscotch with whip cream is not available as that stops at balconies so what do you redeem points for? Statement credits? Money off cruise?

No value then as other cards offer more reward value

Steve

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

No value then as other cards offer more reward value

Steve

My next choice is just have the CASH returned to my credit card.

To be a little :cool:, I found that when checking in to a NCL ship on embarkation day, and proudly showing my Norwegian Bank of America Card, I get no response other than a thank you.

To them, a card is a card.

Gees! I was hoping to at least get a star on my forehead.(sarcasm):p

My next choice is just have the CASH returned to my credit card.

To be a little :cool:, I find that when checking in to the NCL ship on embarkation day, and proudly showing my Norwegian Bank of America Card, I get no response other than a thank you.

Gees! I was hoping to at least get a star on my forehead.(sarcasm):p

The folks who check you in work for the port and not the cruiseline. So they don't care.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

So I have a question for those of you that sail suites, do you see any value in this card? I know the double meta-cross hopscotch with whip cream is not available as that stops at balconies so what do you redeem points for? Statement credits? Money off cruise?

So far I have only seen the cash value of the triple points on NCL charges which can be transferred to any other Bank of America credit card.

I've used points to pre-pay DSC, excursions and my onboard charges including CruiseNext certificates ;p

The Bank of America Travel Card gives 1.5 points on all purchases plus triple points for travel purchases through their travel department. Between the two cards, you can accumulate points (cash statement credits) fairly rapidly especially if you cruise NCL or travel often.

Thank you all for so much information. It is very helpful.

I just need clarification

If we have booked a cruise already, (5/18 ) can I open cc put the balance of cruise on the cc pay it off every month.

Does entire cc have to be paid off before requesting certificate?

If we have booked a cruise already, (5/18 ) can I open cc put the balance of cruise on the cc pay it off every month.

Paying off the credit card has nothing to do with using the world points as far as I know. I just requested OBC be added to our upcoming cruise with points and I have a balance on the card currently.

As long as your points are earned and not pending you can use them. You don't have to pay off the card to use them.

Nope. 1 month after charge or statement closing the points are earned so do what you want with them.

Remember you get triple on ncl charges

So far I have only seen the cash value of the triple points on NCL charges which can be transferred to any other Bank of America credit card.

I've used points to pre-pay DSC, excursions and my onboard charges including CruiseNext certificates ;p

The Bank of America Travel Card gives 1.5 points on all purchases plus triple points for travel purchases through their travel department. Between the two cards, you can accumulate points (cash statement credits) fairly rapidly especially if you cruise NCL or travel often.

My son can you.combine or transfer points between ncl world points card and the BOA travel reward cards?

1 month after charge or statement closing the points are earned so do what you want with them.

Remember you get triple on ncl charges

Thanks for reiterating.

In our case, when we make final payment for our April 2018 NCL Bliss cruise, due 90 days prior, we will have gained enough points for our Double Meta Upgrade to a balcony cabin on an

NCL November 2018 Panama Cruise.

Until then, we are booked in an inside cabin.

My son can you.combine or transfer points between ncl world points card and the BOA travel reward cards?

Yes and the cards do not have to be in the same name. My husband and I each have an NCL card and a BOA travel card, so 4 credit cards. I consolidate the points onto one card on a regular basis.

I have a few questions:

1. If my husband and I were each to apply for our own cards, could we each have $100 OBC with the bonus 10,000 points being offered, for a total of $200 OBC for our statement?

2. We have a final payment for our 1/5/18 coming up. $4700ish would give triple points for about 14,200 points. Would I be able to redeem them for an additional $142 OBC or can you only redeem in increments of $25, $50, $100, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few questions:

1. If my husband and I were each to apply for our own cards, could we each have $100 OBC with the bonus 10,000 points being offered, for a total of $200 OBC for our statement?

2. We have a final payment for our 1/5/18 coming up. $4700ish would give triple points for about 14,200 points. Would I be able to redeem them for an additional $142 OBC or can you only redeem in increments of $25, $50, $100, etc?

As I understand it, yes, you would each get the credit. No, you can't do odd amounts like $142. It would be either $100 or $125. Someone will know which and respond, i'm sure.

If you let your onboard charges go to the NCL credit card, you will get triple points for those charges. If you use points for OBC instead of a statement credit, you lose the points.

For example: 1. spend $100 onboard and use $100 OBC, no new points or 2. spend $100 onboard and use a statement credit, get 300 new points. Also, statement credits just have to be in whole points.

If you let your onboard charges go to the NCL credit card, you will get triple points for those charges. If you use points for OBC instead of a statement credit, you lose the points.

For example: 1. spend $100 onboard and use $100 OBC, no new points or 2. spend $100 onboard and use a statement credit, get 300 new points. Also, statement credits just have to be in whole points.

Thanks. This is our first sailing with NCL. Depending on how we like it, we would sail again. Would probably want OBC instead of a statement credit for now. We already have $250 OBC from a TA as well. If both my husband and I both get a card, that would be $100 each OBC plus $125 for paying the balance of our cruise and getting triple points. I can easily use it to for single points to bump that amount to $150. So we could easily have $600 OBC for our sailing!

I have a few questions:

Technically yes. Read the fine print that it don't state per stateroom.

You don't need to get obc

You can get a statement credit.

Charge a lttle more to get 15000 points. Than get $150

Technically yes. Read the fine print that it don't state per stateroom.

You don't need to get obc

You can get a statement credit.

Charge a lttle more to get 15000 points. Than get $150

That's true. Statement credit can be used anywhere whereas OBC is more limited.

Excellent advice.

Charge it all on ncl credit card

Then get the statement credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just remember that when you get a cash redemption (statement credit) on less than 25,000 points, you don't get a whole percent. 15,000 gets you $120 whereas it will get you $150 in OBC.

Good to know. Thanks!