The Reunion Cruise

Emdee

Day 2 at Motu Mahana

The second day had fabulous weather, sunny with a lovely breeze, great food and all in all a wonderful day. Those who had enjoyed the dancing the night before trickled in but we were on the first tender. The water was perfect.

Bought some great vanilla powder and paste from the motu but didn't fancy anything else.

A number of people did the coral garden snorkelling and enjoyed it.

Cannot remember what the show was that evening....i think it was a Magic Show . We were tired and went to bed early.

Day 2 at Motu Mahana

The second day had fabulous weather, sunny with a lovely breeze, great food and all in all a wonderful day. Those who had enjoyed the dancing the night before trickled in but we were on the first tender. The water was perfect.

Bought some great vanilla powder and paste from the motu but didn't fancy anything else.

A number of people did the coral garden snorkelling and enjoyed it.

Cannot remember what the show was that evening....i think it was a Magic Show . We were tired and went to bed early.

Thank you again for your detailed trip report. Can you please tell me if we should get XPF - Tahiti $$ or if the locals will take USD for buying small things like vanilla etc? Thanks again!

Yes something new along with the 60s party. Usually cruise lines have it when cruising countries of white nights...Norway north cape and Baltic states but you are correct Azamara did have it too. Crystal added it but quickly reversed the addition after a huge uproar from regulars.

Raanui was private and many said that it was their best excursion ever!

Yes, Azamara always has one, at least when weather allows. It's fun. Just weird that the PG would try to emulate it, at least with the same name. I like the concept of "Dancing Under the Stars".

We've always really loved the shark and ray feeding on BB, whoever the provider.

Thank you again for your detailed trip report. Can you please tell me if we should get XPF - Tahiti $$ or if the locals will take USD for buying small things like vanilla etc? Thanks again!

We took some XPF but most locals take USD.

Yes, Azamara always has one, at least when weather allows. It's fun. Just weird that the PG would try to emulate it, at least with the same name. I like the concept of "Dancing Under the Stars".

We've always really loved the shark and ray feeding on BB, whoever the provider.

Actually the name white nights has nothing to do with AZ or anyone else as you know! All cruise lines have white nights when in white night territory. When we were on Az in the med they had a black and white night in Monte Carlo. They do their on deck parties exceptionally well.

Last day on board....Moorea

I had asked for a Cooks Bay anchor but it was not to be. Apparently work on the dock had ceased so it eas no usable. Fortunately Capt. Toni anchored in the beginning of the Bsy and not outside the Bay so the views were wonderful. Moorea from the see is to die for as also the view from the Belvedere on magic mountain.

As is our custom we went to Temae beach for an hour's worth of swimming in the beautiful bay before returning to the awful job of packing.

The Captain's farewell is always hard and i had tears in my eyes as i sang the PG farewell song with the Gauguin along with the Tiare Tahiti song.

That night was Polynesian night and the ship had purchased a load of heis and leis for our enjoyment . The lobster meal with Tahaa vanilla sauce was on the menu but was grossly disappointing.

In some ways this was a wonderful cruise in other ways it disappointed.

Shall showcase my overall comments separately.

Love your reviews! What do you use vanilla paste and powder for?

Thanks!

I use it for baking, pancakes, vanilla sauce. Just google its uses. It brings a richer flavour then essence

Actually the name white nights has nothing to do with AZ or anyone else as you know! All cruise lines have white nights when in white night territory. When we were on Az in the med they had a black and white night in Monte Carlo. They do their on deck parties exceptionally well.

Yeah, well White Nights isn't a cruise thing originally, but a St. Petersburg thing I believe. It's just that Azamara has kind of co-opted it and extended the metaphor. But this particular metaphor doesn't seem very apt in FP, considering the sun always sets around 6 p.m., lol!

Last day on board....Moorea

I had asked for a Cooks Bay anchor but it was not to be. Apparently work on the dock had ceased so it eas no usable. Fortunately Capt. Toni anchored in the beginning of the Bsy and not outside the Bay so the views were wonderful. Moorea from the see is to die for as also the view from the Belvedere on magic mountain.

As is our custom we went to Temae beach for an hour's worth of swimming in the beautiful bay before returning to the awful job of packing.

The Captain's farewell is always hard and i had tears in my eyes as i sang the PG farewell song with the Gauguin along with the Tiare Tahiti song.

I always have tears in my eyes too, Miriam. Have a safe journey. Will be interested to hear about what was disappointing.

Yeah, well White Nights isn't a cruise thing originally, but a St. Petersburg thing I believe. It's just that Azamara has kind of co-opted it and extended the metaphor. But this particular metaphor doesn't seem very apt in FP, considering the sun always sets around 6 p.m., lol!

I always have tears in my eyes too, Miriam. Have a safe journey. Will be interested to hear about what was disappointing.

See my post on the excellent, good and not so good! You would have really loved this reunion....enjoy your cruise!

Bora Bora

Woke up to the perfect day in Bora Bora and happy to embark on my first Raanui excursion a half day excursion of sharks and rays, snorkelling, circumnavigation and a visit to a motu.

The excursion started with the search for manta and all were exhilarated to watch their graceful glide. I don't snorkel but from what i understand it was a wonderful experience. There followed the shark and ray feeding with frenzied sharks churning up the water and rays flapping around. Quite an experience.Next was snorkelling in a coral garden including the sighting of a very large and slippery moray eel which was once more much enjoyed by all followed by the circumnavigation of the island. This is a great tour as you the see wonderful colours of the lagoon and get to view the luxury resorts in the lagoon. It is also great to see the ever changing Mount Otemanu in all its majesty. We finally visited the Motu Tapu where the Conrad brings its guests as well it is the Motu used by Windstar. Its a very nice and large motu with a shallow side but no view to speak of.

The afternoon was spent wallowing in the Crystal clear water of the Bora Bora Motu. The water temperature was perfect and the view wonderful as usual. Efren was on duty dispensing drinks.

We had a full evening as well with a private cocktail party, dinner at Le Grill and the White night Party. For the last, the ship brought a wonderful band from Tahiti. Unfortunately the deck party got rained on but i heard the party shifted to La Palette and lasted until 2 am.

Can you please explain what was the Bora Bora "Raanui excursion"? And if we don't book the excursion "A Day at the Beach" for $138/pp then is there any other beach option that PG offers at no charge? Thanks for explaining - having never been on PG I'm not understanding what beach activities are included with PG and which we need to book before. The "Motu beach terms have my head spinning"!

Thanks again - Susan

Edited by Smbruner
forgot a word

Can you please explain what was the Bora Bora "Raanui excursion"? And if we don't book the excursion "A Day at the Beach" for $138/pp then is there any other beach option that PG offers at no charge? Thanks for explaining - having never been on PG I'm not understanding what beach activities are included with PG and which we need to book before. The "Motu beach terms have my head spinning"!

Thanks again - Susan

Hi Susan,

PG has a free Motu beach with tenders going there on the hour. A motu is an islet and the PG Motu is called Motu Tevairoa. The Pearl is on the same Motu but out of bounds. If you google PG Bora Bora Motu Tevairoa there is a you tube video that shows you what it looks like.

Raanui is a vendor that I used. Again, you can google them and see the options with them. You will have to pay for his excursions. Feel free to ask any questions you like.

So am I to understand that PG has a free Motu beach on both Bora Bora and Moorea that we can visit on either of the 2 days we are there?

And, isn't there also a PG private island on Taha that we can go to for free?

Thanks again for your information - I did go to the vendor's site but it never allowed me to the "contact" page.

So am I to understand that PG has a free Motu beach on both Bora Bora and Moorea that we can visit on either of the 2 days we are there?

Thanks again for your information - I did go to the vendor's site but it never allowed me to the "contact" page.

There is no PG motu on Moorea...just one in Tahaa and one in Bora Bora. On Moorea i would suggest a visit to Temae Beach but arrange a pick up with a taxi or you will be left without transport.

There is no PG motu on Moorea...just one in Tahaa and one in Bora Bora. On Moorea i would suggest a visit to Temae Beach but arrange a pick up with a taxi or you will be left without transport.

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. I did read that on Bora Bora the beach that PG will tender to each house has no bathroom facilities - which shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). Do you know if there are bathroom facilities on the Tahaa beach?

Thanks again - this gives me a lot to think about the plan further.

Susan

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. I did read that on Bora Bora the beach that PG will tender to each house has no bathroom facilities - which shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). Do you know if there are bathroom facilities on the Tahaa beach?

Thanks again - this gives me a lot to think about the plan further.

Susan

The Tahaa beach is full service...lunch, bar, washrooms etc.

Bora Bora has water, beer and rum punch chips and peanuts. This last was my 11 th aboard the PG so I am up to date on most things.

No beach on Moorea. Taha'a motu is a highlight of the cruise. Totally free and full service. The Bora Bora motu only has snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thoroughly enjoyed your review! Unabashedly, I attended most of these outings with OP and had a great time! I had a couple disappointments, which I mentioned in my survey, but nothing that would prevent me from coming back. I completely disconnected from technology, ate well, and slept great! Sailing aboard ammy favorite small ship with old and new friends was awesome. My advice, don't get hung up or hurried on this cruise. Sign up for what you want, attend what you want to attend and let the rest just happen.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review! Unabashedly, I attended most of these outings with OP and had a great time! I had a couple disappointments, which I mentioned in my survey, but nothing that would prevent me from coming back. I completely disconnected from technology, ate well, and slept great! Sailing aboard ammy favorite small ship with old and new friends was awesome. My advice, don't get hung up or hurried on this cruise. Sign up for what you want, attend what you want to attend and let the rest just happen.

DD also calls us OPs....old persons!