Any chance I'll make this flight...

FLbeachbaby

Arriving in LAX via ATN at 11am on the 17th of Sept. Delta has now moved up our departure flight to 1:00pm seems like it won't work and not many flights until the evening. Those who have RECENTLY gone through LAX via int'l to domestic would you please comment if there is any way of making it. Would have no checked luggage, and TSA pre-check but not Global Entry. Thanks a bunch

Ok good ideas here. I have applied for GE and will see if it comes through in time and I will surely look for the kiosks if not. Thank you. Worst case, we spend the night in LA and Delta has to get us home as they are aware they have potentially made us miss the connection with their flight change. But we have a dog and babysit our grandson so it would be a bit of a drag on our family. Best case, we are sprinting like gazelles through the tunnels and make the flight. Apologies in advance to anyone on my ATN flight that I must high hurdle over to get off the plane.

I just went through the whole connecting flight process in LAX a few days ago. We probably waited an hour for customs, 20 minutes to walk to terminal of connecting flight, 20-30 minutes to re-check in and get to the gate. I would probably consider this a good day there. Have a plan B if you chose to go this route because you are not allowing yourself much room for error.

I actually allowed 3.5 hours, it was Delta that dropped that flight. Getting a pre-approval for GE is no big whoop but my appointment is in December so that was $200 Hail Mary that won't work unless they take walk-ins or two miracle appointments show up in the meantime. No worries, I'll get home sooner or later.

Keep checking back often when you have time. Appointments open up all the time. When my family got GE, their appointments were months out, but I looked every few hours and ended up getting us all done in just a few days after receiving the initial approval.

• 2 weeks later...

I have GE and was through customs in about 7 minutes last week. Luggage, however, took forever. I would have been off plane and waiting for my hotel shuttle in less than 20 minutes if not for the luggage delay. Seriously, I think our bags were last to load onto conveyer.

Keep checking for GE appointment availability. You'll be so happy once you have it.

Thanks Anglergirl, that's great news and the first positive I've heard. I actually have secured one GE spot using the 'check at weird hours method' , and am hoping to get another. We're cool with carry on so we might just pull it off.

I have GE and was through customs in about 7 minutes last week. Luggage, however, took forever. I would have been off plane and waiting for my hotel shuttle in less than 20 minutes if not for the luggage delay. Seriously, I think our bags were last to load onto conveyer.

Keep checking for GE appointment availability. You'll be so happy once you have it.

You cleared immigration in "seven minutes" not customs. You have to wait for your bags if you checked them, before you can clear customs.

Arriving in LAX via ATN at 11am on the 17th of Sept. Delta has now moved up our departure flight to 1:00pm seems like it won't work and not many flights until the evening. Those who have RECENTLY gone through LAX via int'l to domestic would you please comment if there is any way of making it. Would have no checked luggage, and TSA pre-check but not Global Entry. Thanks a bunch

We just returned on Wednesday. We do have GE, and we cleared customs and were checked in for our flight at terminal 3 within an hour of arrival (and that was with a leisurely walk, as we had plenty of time). Hope you get your GE appointments. Also, have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums