Walking from Nawiliwili Pier to Kalapaki Beach?

sh1955

During the day, it is fine. When I was with NCL, about 10 years ago, Nawiliwili Park (between the cruise terminal and Kalapaki Beach was very dangerous after dark, with drugs, gangs, and a few rapes of NCL crew members. I don't know if Kauai County Sheriffs have cleaned it up, but they were afraid to go into the park at night. Hopefully someone with more recent experience can chime in.

AFAIK, there was either a sidewalk or parking lots to walk through on the way.

There are two shuttles which run from inside the port to the shops which are along the beach there. They stop once the stores close late afternoon. Once dropped off, it's a short walk to the Marriott. We have walked down there from the ship a couple times via the sidewalk. Easy walk, 10 or 15 min maybe. You do pass by the park. We were always there in the am, so how it is after dark, I have no idea. But I would think I would think a taxi could be gotten for you at the Marriott entrance if you are returning later.

I looked at the reported crimes in the past year, and doesn't look too bad. We might just get a cab or lyft back.

We subscribe to the better safe than sorry idea and - in checking the fee for UberX from the Marriott to cruise terminal - find it is only a $6.-$8. ride. To us, peace of mind and the safety it provides certainly makes that fee reasonable.