Question for Bonnie - Nights on Us offer

firsttime40thcruise

Not necessarily true! Almost all of the 2018 cruises are included in this current promotion. The Journey cruises after September have recently all had itinerary changes and I think that's why they aren't included. The old itineraries had been included. Perhaps they'll be p-art of whatever the next promotion is; I expect they'll have a new one beginning in September once this current one ends.

[quote=firsttime40thcruise;.

Perhaps you are unaware but, cruises from the end of September until mid November have been the ones involved in the charter cancellation fiasco. After the fiasco is a 2 week charter then B2B2B etc. trips to Cuba at extremely high prices into early 2019.

For some strange reason I simply can't fathom, people are gravitating to Cuba and cruise lines are taking advantage of that with high pricing. Would expect the replacement TA to come down in price as it is currently severely overpriced for a TA let alone a TA like that.

Hi Bonnie,

Are you able to advise why the Nights on Us offer is available on Quest for almost the whole of 2018 whereas Journey, it cuts out end of September?

Thanks,

Emma

I couldn't tell that the Nights On Us was anything more than a publicity stunt. We booked for Oct 13, 2018 and later cancelled. I watched four weeks and no price change. When we rebooked the very same cruise, the price was the same, even though the NOU supposedly applied. I asked about NOU and was told 'this is the price'...basically take it or leave it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think rallydave and laurieb are right. The Journey cruises from October on have all just been rearranged and retimed to accommodate a charter Miami to Miami. As the current promotion ends at the end of August, I guess they are not changing the 'selected' cruises in this promotion, but may well have a different set of 'selected' cruises in their next promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For some strange reason I simply can't fathom' date=' people are gravitating to Cuba and cruise lines are taking advantage of that with high pricing. Would expect the replacement TA to come down in price as it is currently severely overpriced for a TA let alone a TA like that.[/quote']

Excuse my ignorance, but what does TA stand for? I know it is an acronym for Travel Agent, but that meaning doesn't make any sense in this context