Just off Crown Princess on Saturday Car roof box stolen

murphyjl

Got off the Crown Princess on Saturday after an enjoyable cruise. I travel with my four children and wife so our luggage is for six. As such I need the biggest roof box Thule has to offer. When on holiday my car was parked at a local hotel. A pre paid cruise and parking package. On arrival back at hotel after cruise I found my roof box had been stolen. This may seem minor however I was unable to travel home on my nine hour car journey as it was impossible to fit the luggage into car.

The result being I had to stay in Southampton for an additional night until I could get a replacement roof box. To make matters worse the first box I purchased on Saturday had a faulty lock so I had to return this and source another.

Fair to say that Saturday was a bit of a downer in terms of a return to dry land. On this occasion worse things didn't happen at sea.

So the reason for posting is to warn people incase this happens to them. My replacement roof box cost £500 not to mention the other additional expenses. I tried to do a little research on Gumtree and ebay on Saturday night to see if I could source my actual stolen roof box. I couldn't find mine but there is a big market for "used no longer needed" roof boxes. Oh and Police not interested and company car insurance excess too high to allow me to claim the cost of stolen box.

Had a good look through my holiday pictures last night to get back to how I should have been feeling after an enjoyable holiday.

They felt the scale of looking through cctv was too big a task. Police did not attend and simply asked for details of what was stolen.

I would name and shame the hotel as it seems they could do more to help you?

• 3 weeks later...
They felt the scale of looking through cctv was too big a task.

Absolute tosh! All they had to do was was just keep skipping back 24 hours until your roof box reappears, then just skip forward at one hour intervals and when it disappears again, fast reverse search. The whole operation would take 10 minutes max!

At least you now know where NOT to stay in future.