Inflation of excursion -- is it me?

xcell

So I was looking at the Baths excursion thru NCL -- in 2015 it was $280CDN for 4, now it's $508.

Not sure if it is really worth the extra costs...is it me or has prices gone up (and I don't mean but a few $$$)?

Not sure what can be attributed to the higher fees or to the NCL pricing structure. But that's $127 CDN pp or $95 US pp and seems accurate. Many ppl go on their own to save money (~50%) and in some cases get more flexibility. It's hard in this particular situation to gain much flexibility because you are in port a short time and arriving at Virgin Gorda about the same time. But I think there is still something to be said for the self-excursion, and it is certainly cheaper at about $40pp (the 30 minute ferry is still listed at $30pp and the taxi at $8pp roundtrip). If in port from 7 - 3 you'd want to get off the ship as soon as possible and make the 10 minute walk to the ferry terminal. Buy roundtrip passes for the Speedy's ferry, and taxis will be waiting for you on VG for the short taxi to the Top of the Baths. Speedy's also sells passes that include the taxi fare at the same price you would pay separately. Drivers will tell you when to be ready for the return. You'll want to take the 12:40 return ferry. Very easy, and you'll have about 4 hours on the island if you want to go that route.

[EDIT] Note the Baths can be congested when cruise ship passengers are there and some folks report a great experience while others were miserable. Just be aware that the ship excursion departs on a ferry dedicated to the ship excursion folks, and may get to VG before the 7:45 ferry but I'm not sure. But either way the Baths will probably be crowded so be prepared. It's nice to have more time in port for this excursion because you can stop at another beach first and plan your arrival at the Baths after the biggest crowd has been through and take a later ferry back. But with these shorter port times that isn't an option...

Edited by blue_water

The first time it was $280 cdn for a family of 4, so for the extra $50-60 for us it was worth it to go with the cruise. Now at almost double...I wouldn't.

The Baths were okay -- great to see but so crowded that it wasn't that fun. I did love the non-commercial side as the beach was beautiful and I could have stayed all day there.