Brimstone Fortress or Timothy Hill Lookout

DRPWDunIL

We will be doing a tour that involves Caribelle Batik (our main interest). Some tours go to Brimstone and others go to Timothy Hill. For those that have been both places are we significantly missing out by choosing to go to the Fortress to experience the views from there and the other aspects of the site?

We will be doing a tour that involves Caribelle Batik (our main interest). Some tours go to Brimstone and others go to Timothy Hill. For those that have been both places are we significantly missing out by choosing to go to the Fortress to experience the views from there and the other aspects of the site?

Does the tour you will be doing stop at a beach for a couple of hours at the end of the tour? If so, I don't see any reason why they can't stop at Timothy Hill for a photo op either on the way to, or from, the beach. From other comments I've seen and reviews I have read, most of the island tours will hit the top tourist sites (Caribelle Batik, Brimestone, in addition to a few others), then stop at a beach for a couple hours with stops at Timothy Hill on the way to/from the beach.

We've been to St. Kitts twice (2013 & 2015) and in 2015 we were able to do both Brimestone Fortress and Timothy Hill. We'd gotten a cab for the day and agreed on a price for him to take us to the fort then a beach for a few ours afterwards. Both offer gorgeous views that are very different. We spent an hour at the fort, which also had great views overlooking the ocean and neighboring islands of St. Eustatius, Saba, and St. Maarten, but they may not always be visible as weather could be a factor. There were also great views of St. Kitts and the mountains behind the fort. On the way to the beach was our stop at Timothy Hill, which is basically a scenic overlook, and we spent about 10 - 15 minutes. The views on one side are of the narrow part of the island where you can see both the Atlantic and the Caribbean. If you have a chance, go to the other side as well...beautiful views of the other side of St. Kitts.

If you have to choose between one or the other, then actual pictures may help you make a decision. I did a review of our whole cruise following our trip, which was in September 2015. For this review, I included lots of pictures including both Brimestone Hill Fortress & Timothy Hill. I'm attaching the link to hopefully open on Page 25, where the section on Brimestone/pictures start. If not, they start on page 25, post #489. Pictures from Timothy Hill start on page 26, post #516. In post #518 are pictures from the other, less photographed side, of Timothy Hill.

I do hope you can arrange for both, but if you have to choose, I hope this helps with your decision.

Timothy Hill is on the way to the beaches located on the SE Peninsula. Most if not all of the tour operators stop at Timothy Hill on the way to the beaches or on the return to the port area. I would not skip Brimstone Hill Fortress just to stop at Timothy Hill.

Does the tour you will be doing stop at a beach for a couple of hours at the end of the tour? If so, I don't see any reason why they can't stop at Timothy Hill for a photo op either on the way to, or from, the beach. From other comments I've seen and reviews I have read, most of the island tours will hit the top tourist sites (Caribelle Batik, Brimestone, in addition to a few others), then stop at a beach for a couple hours with stops at Timothy Hill on the way to/from the beach.

We've been to St. Kitts twice (2013 & 2015) and in 2015 we were able to do both Brimestone Fortress and Timothy Hill. We'd gotten a cab for the day and agreed on a price for him to take us to the fort then a beach for a few ours afterwards. Both offer gorgeous views that are very different. We spent an hour at the fort, which also had great views overlooking the ocean and neighboring islands of St. Eustatius, Saba, and St. Maarten, but they may not always be visible as weather could be a factor. There were also great views of St. Kitts and the mountains behind the fort. On the way to the beach was our stop at Timothy Hill, which is basically a scenic overlook, and we spent about 10 - 15 minutes. The views on one side are of the narrow part of the island where you can see both the Atlantic and the Caribbean. If you have a chance, go to the other side as well...beautiful views of the other side of St. Kitts.

If you have to choose between one or the other, then actual pictures may help you make a decision. I did a review of our whole cruise following our trip, which was in September 2015. For this review, I included lots of pictures including both Brimestone Hill Fortress & Timothy Hill. I'm attaching the link to hopefully open on Page 25, where the section on Brimestone/pictures start. If not, they start on page 25, post #489. Pictures from Timothy Hill start on page 26, post #516. In post #518 are pictures from the other, less photographed side, of Timothy Hill.

I do hope you can arrange for both, but if you have to choose, I hope this helps with your decision.

Ooops....looks like I forgot to attach that link. Sorry. Attaching now: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=25

Ooops....looks like I forgot to attach that link. Sorry. Attaching now: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=25

I skimmed through your review (good photos!), (so sorry if I missed it) but you said it was $56 return to Brimstone - didn't you have to pay extra for waiting?

We have been on a tour before but I would like to return to Brimstone on our own for a little while.

I skimmed through your review (good photos!), (so sorry if I missed it) but you said it was $56 return to Brimstone - didn't you have to pay extra for waiting?

We have been on a tour before but I would like to return to Brimstone on our own for a little while.

Thank you and glad you enjoyed the pictures. Yes, the total cost for the cab to and from Brimestone was $56.00. They charge by cab and not per person. There were only two of us, but if we were in a group of four, the amount would have been the same $56.00, round trip ($28.00 each way). We were not charged any extra for waiting.

Thank you and glad you enjoyed the pictures. Yes, the total cost for the cab to and from Brimestone was $56.00. They charge by cab and not per person. There were only two of us, but if we were in a group of four, the amount would have been the same $56.00, round trip ($28.00 each way). We were not charged any extra for waiting.

Thanks good to know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thank you. How did you hear about them? Do you recall how much it was?

I don't remember how I heard about them, honestly. Knowing how I typically operate, probably just a Google search. You can look her up on TripAdvisor, she also had good feedback here on CC.

Her website is https://lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com/

Also if you have a Facebook roll call, Liz will likely join your group and help people with different excursions even if they aren't hers.

I think it was $140 for the 4 of us?

I don't remember how I heard about them, honestly. Knowing how I typically operate, probably just a Google search. You can look her up on TripAdvisor, she also had good feedback here on CC.

Her website is https://lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com/

Also if you have a Facebook roll call, Liz will likely join your group and help people with different excursions even if they aren't hers.

I think it was $140 for the 4 of us?

Thank you very much. I will contact her.