Windstar Legend vs. Celebrity Millennium or Constellation

pjules

Hi, I am considering one of these three ships for a 14 day voyage in Asia. I've been on the Celebrity Summit and Equinox, and sailed most of the mass market lines. I'm just wondering if I'll be bored on Windstar. How does the Legend stack up to one of the older Celebrity ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Windstar ships are much smaller and with much less evening entertainment than a Celebrity ship. The emphasis is on the ports, with destination-intensive itineraries, so you likely won't be bored during the day as you'll be off the ship exploring.

Evenings are rather quiet, and you won't find shows or dancing, just quiet bars with a few folks, a duo playing music and maybe the occasional name-that-tune game.

So it all comes down to what you're looking for on your vacation.

I agree; if you really enjoy and want to have evening shows, crowded bars, etc, then you might not enjoy it.

The trade off is never waiting in line, better food, uncrowded decks with plenty of chairs, and outstanding service. In many ports, you will dock closer than the mega ships.

My 2 cent. If money is no object, then Windstar could be for you if you know in advance what you will get once aboard.

We did a 12-day Med. cruise last year on Celebrity Constellation for cheaper than a 7-day Windstar. Of course I would have prefer Windstar but. . . .Still working, not retired. . . .

Still had fun on my Celebrity cruise. Beats every rainy days at the office.