Doing Laundry (Other Than the Single Bag Special)?

PaulInPGH

I'll be on the Epic in September, and since this cruise is part of a longer Europe vacation, I'm trying to pack as light as humanly possible. As part of that effort, I'm hoping to be able to do some laundry on the ship. I know NCL typically offers a once-per-cruise $20 bag of laundry special, but is it possible to do laundry on days other than the day the special is being offered? If so, do you know how much it costs?

As always, any info is much appreciated!

I don't have the pricing but it's not terribly expensive. I sent a few items out in between bag days and it was around the same cost as bag special. You can pay a few $ extra for same day return. I remember thinking that total cost on our laundry for last cruise was less than cost of having checked bags fees.

The $19.95 Bag (stuff it full, all you can) Special is typically offered on Day 3 or 4 of a a 7 day cruise, the slip will be placed as part of the Freestyle Daily insert the night before - ask your Room Steward ahead as they know the routines. You still need to itemize the count and fill out the slip (as shown below)

On embarkation day, they usually offer a press only special at 50% off or something like that, in the Freestyle Daily ...

Otherwise, NCL charging by the counted pieces, can get pricey, if you have a suitcase filled with soiled clothing & can't wait. While traveling on land, you might want to plan ahead & see if you can get a load done locally (not at hotel prices.) We travel with Woolite packets & laundry sheets; and, use the bathroom sink to do those quick wash & hang dry items (undergarments & socks.) Travel shirts & blouses that dry easily without wrinkles - more expensive but works.

Platinum members each get a free bag of laundry done during the cruise, on any given day of our choice ... we usually only do a bag & don't use our 2nd. bag. Ask about any discounts for Latitude members if you must do it earlier without the Special.

548e88a673c63bfc92079ae96590d666.jpg