Changing Port Arrival Time

CrazyKoi

Hello, Fellow Vacation Lovers!

I hope that everyone is having an excellent day!

I had a quick question regarding Port Arrival Time.

I did the Online Check-In and selected 10:30-11:00 AM as my "Port Arrival" time.

Come to find out, we have to return our rental car early, so I will be at the port around the 10:00-10:30 check in period, anyway.

I want to try to scurry on-board to see if I can get onto a waitlist for a sold-out shore excursion at the shore excursion counter, so it would be preferable for me to check-in earlier.

I tried to change my port arrival time online and found that I can only select later port arrival times. :(

I called NCL Reservations to see about changing and I was told by a representative that "Port Arrival Times" aren't even a system that they have, and that if I want to check in earlier, I just need to get in line.

:confused:

Online it says "Please arrive at the time selected and/or appointed. Guests arriving early may be asked to wait until their scheduled time."

What have your experiences been? If you get there a little early, do you hop in line or wait until your designated arrival time to get in line?

Have you ever been turned down when trying to check-in early?

How much earlier than your "port arrival time" are you typically at the port?

Thank you so much for all of your help!

It depends on the port but, in general, those time are just to try to stop everyone arriving very early; advisory not mandatory. The earlier you get there the lower the boarding number and the earlier you get to go through the processes.

From what I've read and experienced, it depends on the port you are sailing out of. Which port are you sailing out of?

Thank you for your response! We are sailing out of the Port of Miami! :D

It depends on the port but, in general, those time are just to try to stop everyone arriving very early; advisory not mandatory. The earlier you get there the lower the boarding number and the earlier you get to go through the processes.

Thank you so much for your speedy response! This is certainly exciting news! Just out of curiosity, in your experience how early do folks start arriving to check in?

My cruise consultant at ncl told me, pay no attention to those times... Just get there when you get there.

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate you!

Thank you so much for your speedy response! This is certainly exciting news! Just out of curiosity, in your experience how early do folks start arriving to check in?

We have arrived at a number of ports about 10.15am and there have been up to 100 people waiting before us.

We have arrived at a number of ports about 10.15am and there have been up to 100 people waiting before us.

Oh goodness! We will be sure to get there early, then! Thank you so much for lending your expertise! We are newbies to the world of cruising and just too excited for this trip! It sure is helpful to have so many experienced cruisers on this forum to gain insight from! I really appreciate you!

Hello, Fellow Vacation Lovers! I hope that everyone is having an excellent day! I had a quick question regarding Port Arrival Time. I did the Online Check-In and selected 10:30-11:00 AM as my "Port Arrival" time.

Come to find out, we have to return our rental car early, so I will be at the port around the 10:00-10:30 check in period, anyway. I want to try to scurry on-board to see if I can get onto a waitlist for a sold-out shore excursion at the shore excursion counter, so it would be preferable for me to check-in earlier. I tried to change my port arrival time online and found that I can only select later port arrival times. :( I called NCL Reservations to see about changing and I was told by a representative that "Port Arrival Times" aren't even a system that they have, and that if I want to check in earlier, I just need to get in line. :confused: Online it says "Please arrive at the time selected and/or appointed. Guests arriving early may be asked to wait until their scheduled time." What have your experiences been? If you get there a little early, do you hop in line or wait until your designated arrival time to get in line? Have you ever been turned down when trying to check-in early? How much earlier than your "port arrival time" are you typically at the port? Thank you so much for all of your help!

Do not do anything else. Show up to the port at a time that meets your schedule. Don't worry, you will not be denied entry. You'll get a early boarding group number and will be on board as part of the initial boarding at 11:15-11:30.

Edited by BirdTravels

• 7 months later...
Is Miami one of the ports that tries to enforce the arrival time on your E-Docs?

People start arriving early...10am or even earlier. At the Port of Miami, you will end up standing outside in the heat (and/or rain) until they are ready to start letting people into the port building itself.

I had a quick question regarding Port Arrival Time..../quote]

Welcome to CruiseCritic.

That "arrival" or "checkin" time is only a general guesstimate. Arrive when you arrive and get in line. Nobody cares.

I had a quick question regarding Port Arrival Time..../quote]

Welcome to CruiseCritic.

That "arrival" or "checkin" time is only a general guesstimate. Arrive when you arrive and get in line. Nobody cares.

You realize that you are responding to an 8 month old thread and welcoming someone who has been a member for quiet a while don't you?

You realize that you are responding to an 8 month old thread and welcoming someone who has been a member for quiet a while don't you?

Damn... I hate it when that happens. #^$%(*@#$^(@$^(&

Did not notice they had been a member for quite some time and it appears they have been quiet and may have quit visiting this site - LOL!