Vibe and SpiceH20

Maya1234

As a newbie I'm a little confused about these two area. I've done a search and read what I can but I don't fully understand. From what I gather:

Vibe is a private bar/sunning area(?) which you have to buy passes for onboard and the passes are very limited. Is that correct? Is there any reason someone in the Haven ( on the Bliss) would want to use Vibe? What would it give them that the Haven doesn't?

Spice is an adults only sunning area? It's free? Is there anything else to know about it?

Thanks to all you amazing veterans who take the time to help out an ignorant newbie.

As a newbie I'm a little confused about these two area. I've done a search and read what I can but I don't fully understand. From what I gather:

Vibe is a private bar/sunning area(?) which you have to buy passes for onboard and the passes are very limited. Is that correct? Is there any reason someone in the Haven ( on the Bliss) would want to use Vibe? What would it give them that the Haven doesn't?

Spice is an adults only sunning area? It's free? Is there anything else to know about it?

Thanks to all you amazing veterans who take the time to help out an ignorant newbie.

In my opinion, if you are in the Haven, you really don't need a Vibe pass. We cruised last week, and there were loads of children on board and traveling in the Haven. The Haven courtyard is where most of the kids will be, as they want to be in the pool - if they are not in the courtyard, they are elsewhere on the ship. One of my sons spent the entire time in Entourage. I never, ever saw a child up on the Haven sun deck - it was always just adults. Haven staff comes around bringing you drinks if you want them, or you can just stop at the Haven bar on your way out to grab a cocktail. If you are a Haven guest, and you are traveling with friends who are not - maybe then getting a Vibe pass for everyone would give everyone access to a private sundeck. Otherwise, it seems a waste of energy to make sure you are first on board to get a pass.

In addition to the differences mentioned above:

Spice H2O plays music in the background, Vibe is quiet (it's not a library, but despite its name it's not a party scene).

Also the Vibe is open until 11 p.m., whereas Spice often has events happening at night (80's night, glow party etc.)

In addition to the differences mentioned above:

Spice H2O plays music in the background, Vibe is quiet (it's not a library, but despite its name it's not a party scene).

Also the Vibe is open until 11 p.m., whereas Spice often has events happening at night (80's night, glow party etc.)

That's funny, on our Breakaway cruise we went nuts from the annoying music in the Vibe! The speaker was located right in front of our cabana. We put towels over it to muffle it. It was a truly awful selection too. Probably didn't penetrate the area beyond the cabanas, I just can't remember.

Otherwise, it seems a waste of energy to make sure you are first on board to get a pass.

Haven guests don't need to use much effort/energy to get VIBE passes. Getting there a few minutes before priority boarding begins, checking in, and walking to either Headliners or Guest Services is easy. Getting a pass from the concierge is even easier.

That's funny, on our Breakaway cruise we went nuts from the annoying music in the Vibe! The speaker was located right in front of our cabana. We put towels over it to muffle it. It was a truly awful selection too. Probably didn't penetrate the area beyond the cabanas, I just can't remember.

If you don't mind my asking, what time of year did you sail and did you have priority status while boarding? We are long time cruisers but first time on NCL in Oct 2018, wondering if we are dreaming thinking of getting Vibe passes since we won't have priority status. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't mind my asking, what time of year did you sail and did you have priority status while boarding? We are long time cruisers but first time on NCL in Oct 2018, wondering if we are dreaming thinking of getting Vibe passes since we won't have priority status. [emoji51]

I sailed in early April out of NY on Breakaway. We arrived at the port around 10:00, if I recall correctly we were boarding group 7. Went straight to guest services and got the passes as well as a cabana. We did not have any priority status.

I sailed in early April out of NY on Breakaway. We arrived at the port around 10:00, if I recall correctly we were boarding group 7. Went straight to guest services and got the passes as well as a cabana. We did not have any priority status.

Outstanding news! [emoji38]Thanks!

Haven guests don't need to use much effort/energy to get VIBE passes. Getting there a few minutes before priority boarding begins, checking in, and walking to either Headliners or Guest Services is easy. Getting a pass from the concierge is even easier.

There were several passengers in the Haven who arrived close to the All Aboard time - I'm sure all the passes were gone for the day. I know if you are in the Haven you are first on board if you want (my family did this), but it seems a lot of folks wanted time to enjoy Miami before boarding. There's really no right or wrong - whether someone in the Haven wants a Vibe pass or not, but I think even they need to be onboard early if they want access.

I read somewhere that the concierge will hold some passes for Haven guests. That is why they sometimes have a wait list for passes after they are apparently sold out. I read also Haven guests can reserve them ahead of time (before the cruise). But you can't believe everything you read. I'll test it out next cruise since we are looking at either Bliss or Breakaway next year.

I read somewhere that the concierge will hold some passes for Haven guests. That is why they sometimes have a wait list for passes after they are apparently sold out. I read also Haven guests can reserve them ahead of time (before the cruise). But you can't believe everything you read. I'll test it out next cruise since we are looking at either Bliss or Breakaway next year.

You're partially correct.

The concierge will have passes and can give them to Haven guests who ask for them. Whatever isn't used goes back and those on the wait list are called to get their pass.

The " reserve them ahead of time (before the cruise)" doesn't actually happen. Some Haven guests think that it happens because they make the request and *poof* the concierge has "their" pass but the concierge had them, anyway even without the request.

Forget about Vibe! And if you are in the Haven, there really is no reason to buy the Vibe pass!

There IS a reason.

Whether or not it is worth it is up to the individual. Some prefer VIBE over Spice H20. Some prefer Spice H20 over VIBE. Some prefer the Haven sundeck over VIBE. Some prefer the Spa over VIBE, etc.

There is no right nor wrong.

And if you are in the Haven, there really is no reason to buy the Vibe pass!

What about those who are staying in the Haven area that wish an upscale area to relax that is also adults only? There are kids in the Haven area that may be well behaved or rambunctious rug rats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app