Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Has anyone noticed the new rendering for the Haven deck 17 no longer includes the white space that everyone thought initially was the larger balcony? Do you all still believe the larger balconies are on 17?

From a "larger balcony standpoint" my money, literally, is on #18100 :)

From a "larger balcony standpoint" my money, literally, is on #18100 :)

Yep....can't argue with you on that one! We have 18702 - on the Escape 9/2018 - booked for the same reason.

For the Bliss - PC transit 11/2018 - we went aft penthouse for the view. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Escapes inaugural crossing we had fabulous shows and acts ..every night .A fellow artist invited to perform only performed once as they had so many acts they could not squeeze him in till last evening ....many surprise many great, great shows ..I hope Bliss will be the same ...i know i,m going for that reason ..we will not sit in the sun ...not in april Notrth Atlantic ..think brrrrr ..probably rain in azores not exactly warm in April in Halifax ...so shows are main attraction

If they are as good as on Escape we are in on quite a treat

There was one show on Escape whivh did not continue in Caribbean ...lots of singers and dancser with fabulous costumes ...i cannot remember the name ,,,.

It was great but too expensive to run long term

I met some of the cast ..complimented the ladies on their gorgeous gowns which they told me cost 10000$ each plus neede a full time seamstress to resew sequins regularly ...it was a spectacular show ...Im glad we got to see it

So what are the plans for Bliss as they will be an important part of first crossing

Michele

Yes, but primarily because I don't have any info to show otherwise.and they still show balcony ranges on those cabins "on the side" (DOS' were never in question).

I am hopeful, but likely I wouldn't change location because I am on the TA and it's doubtful the weather will be conducive to balcony weather. I mainly booked 17 because I have a strong preference to the location and did not want the potential deck noise from 19 that some 18 deck cabins have.

Has anyone noticed the new rendering for the Haven deck 17 no longer includes the white space that everyone thought initially was the larger balcony? Do you all still believe the larger balconies are on 17?
Edited by asubaru

On Escapes inaugural crossing we had fabulous shows and acts ..every night .A fellow artist invited to perform only performed once as they had so many acts they could not squeeze him in till last evening ....many surprise many great, great shows ..I hope Bliss will be the same ...i know i,m going for that reason ..we will not sit in the sun ...not in april Notrth Atlantic ..think brrrrr ..probably rain in azores not exactly warm in April in Halifax ...so shows are main attraction

If they are as good as on Escape we are in on quite a treat

There was one show on Escape whivh did not continue in Caribbean ...lots of singers and dancser with fabulous costumes ...i cannot remember the name ,,,.

It was great but too expensive to run long term

I met some of the cast ..complimented the ladies on their gorgeous gowns which they told me cost 10000$ each plus neede a full time seamstress to resew sequins regularly ...it was a spectacular show ...Im glad we got to see it

So what are the plans for Bliss as they will be an important part of first crossing

Michele

We had no idea we could expect this!!!

Edited by kennethwthomas17
error

Do you prefer the master bathroom with a balcony view (what you currently have) or the master bedroom with a balcony view and 2nd access door to the balcony?

Thank you for that info, you saved me. I had 14280 and did not realize the different configurations, I need two escape routes;p and more deck is a bonus . Changed to deck 12. :D

Curious ....... why do you think they have square footage ranges for most of the side balcony types?

They don't have this descriptive range on the Escape. OTOH, they have yet to correct the square footage stated in their Aft Penthouse description. :confused:

Haven side balconies should be the same as Escape. The DOS on Bliss (deck 18) should be the same size as the DOS deck 18 on Escape. The DOS on deck 17 on Escape has a larger balcony than either deck 18 DOS.

Hehe, yup on 7 is the lifeboat entry deck. From the muster stations emergency exits open to this walkway. On Bliss it will be smaller but quite similar in look and feel. The forward part of deck 7 is open (no lifeboats blocking the view) and with the wake of the bow it's one of the best, if not the best, spots to connect with the ocean when sailing.

Agreed, one of the best spots! We caught sight of some dolphins playing this May enroute from Bermuda from our balcony up front.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was able to switch to 17702. [emoji41][emoji4][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely a good move. :)

We booked deck 17 on the Escape too (next March) though had to go with deck 18 for our Bliss sailing, as they sacrificed the deck 17 DOS cabins for the observation lounge.

Tom

Love the changes as compared to the Escape. I'm booked on the first Alaska sailing June 2, 2018......booked an outside overlooking the bow on deck 13. Now that I have seen the changes in the layout which I think are great, thought a warm Caribbean cruise would be in order. So I called NCL and booked a second cruise on Jan 12, 2019 an eastern Caribbean cruise...in a solo cabin. I need to buy stock in NCL

Tom

Love the changes as compared to the Escape. I'm booked on the first Alaska sailing June 2, 2018......booked an outside overlooking the bow on deck 13. Now that I have seen the changes in the layout which I think are great, thought a warm Caribbean cruise would be in order. So I called NCL and booked a second cruise on Jan 12, 2019 an eastern Caribbean cruise...in a solo cabin. I need to buy stock in NCL ������

Tom

You did book the larger 13700 hopefully? :)

Love the changes as compared to the Escape. I'm booked on the first Alaska sailing June 2, 2018......booked an outside overlooking the bow on deck 13. Now that I have seen the changes in the layout which I think are great, thought a warm Caribbean cruise would be in order. So I called NCL and booked a second cruise on Jan 12, 2019 an eastern Caribbean cruise...in a solo cabin. I need to buy stock in NCL ������

Tom

I am on solo June 2 2018 with a bunch of solos.

Steph

Hi FreestyleNovice! On the Alaska cruise I booked 13704. On the Caribbean cruise 12501. In the meantime next month I am back on the Escape for my birthday...and booked a balcony on deck 15 $$$$$$$$

Hey Steph, look forward to meeting you next June....should be great!

I've searched every way I know how, but I cannot find an Itinerary for Bliss leaving LA after they finish their 15 day PC cruise on May 25 up to Seattle ready to start her AK itineraries. Does anyone have info on this? is there just not a public sailing?

Like the NYC to Miami gap, it might be for Travel agents etc.

They cannot go US port to US port without having another country on the itinerary.

Steph

I've searched every way I know how, but I cannot find an Itinerary for Bliss leaving LA after they finish their 15 day PC cruise on May 25 up to Seattle ready to start her AK itineraries. Does anyone have info on this? is there just not a public sailing?
I think this is the answer...The Jones Act prevents a non US flag ship from transporting passengers from one US port to another US port without visiting a distant foreign port. That's why there isn't one from NYC to Miami after the TA too.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk