Escape Cozumel Port - How Close to Carnival's Port

Cruisingfor40

I will be on the Escape in October, and I will be in Cozumel the same day a friend will be there on Carnival. Is it naive to think we can see each other and meet up? Are the ships near each other? I'm not interested in a cab or anything, just wondering if we will be close enough to meet up by foot before we have to get back onto the ship. Thanks!

Using Google's map in Satellite mode LINK :

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.4899806,-86.9659981,7492m/data=!3m1!1e3

At the top of the map is the pier NCL uses (1 ship at the pier)

The bottom of the map is the pier that Carnival uses (2 ships at pier)

Hope this helps giving you reference.

With enough port time should be easy to meet up with your friend.

The distance is walkable but hail a taxi and make it worth the time.

Thank you both! That is what I was thinking/remember. When I was there in December, I feel like it was not "that" close. But definitely not far. We were out on an excursion, and on the water for a bit, and saw the Carnival port. I've never really left ports except on excursions, so "venturing out" is new for me. But, I'd LOVE to be IN Mexico with these friends. Would make a great picture! :-)

I will be on the Escape in October, and I will be in Cozumel the same day a friend will be there on Carnival. Is it naive to think we can see each other and meet up? Are the ships near each other? I'm not interested in a cab or anything, just wondering if we will be close enough to meet up by foot before we have to get back onto the ship. Thanks!

it must not be a very good friend if your not " not interested in a cab or anything":rolleyes:

This reminds me of the time I tried to do the same and meet up with a friend in an Alaskan port. Our ships were ported right near each other and we never found each other.

Since then I have said it is best to pick a place, like a restaurant or bar to meet at.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have cell phones - get in touch that way - probably no worse in cost than a cab ride (international call rate)

Have GPS feature use it

Find a prominent place - clock tower - church - plaza - restaurant - wear distinctive colored clothing.

Walking may be troublesome average rate 3 miles per hour - 3 miles apart - 1 hour of diligent walking.

Better to hail a taxi and meet the other party with the least amount of port time remaining at or near their location !

Easier for them or you to get back on the respective ships timely.

The main thorough fare at Cozumel while busy is not that crowded that a taxi can't maintain 30 mph.

And why of course check the port schedule for how much time is available to pull off this rendezvous.

Time remaining possible to fit in a SX for the both of you ?

"Meet me in St. Louis - meet me at the Fair" something on that order !

Do it and have something to reminisce about for years to come.

Why not book an excursion together that includes transportation? Or meet up at the money bar or a similar nearby place.. Cab fare is cheap and you get a better deal on drinks /food than you would in port with free wifi (should make up for most of the expense of a cab).. And those views! ad1eed3258caea096cc40567fec6c82a.jpged704958e4b509b0cfd2cf0904a6ef82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I can't wait for those views, OMG!!! Ahhhhhh....I will check to see how long they are there, we are there from 8-5. And will be doing a dolphin swim excursion. We will actually be flying on the same plane to Ft. Lauderdale the Friday before the cruises. We didn't know this when planning. So we will be able to hang out on the plane. The adults and the kids. It's the kids I really wanted to be able to see each other IN Cozumel, because how cool would that be? My DD has been BFFs with the other DS since kindergarten (they just started 8th grade). I mentioned going on a cruise, and the mom said they were too, different line and ports, BUT we are both in Cozumel the same day. So cool! Thanks for all the suggestions of locations to meet up :-)

NCL usually docks downtown, but we have been on the Dawn when she tendered into the International Pier area, right next to Carnival's facility. It really depends on how many ships are there that day.