Aruba and then Curacao, need help what to do.

makins77

How much was the cab? And what beach was that to? We want to go to Arashi Beach and l know there are also buses..

The cab ride last month to Arashi was $25. I believe there is a limit of 6 passengers in a taxi. I could be mixing islands, but I believe that to be the case. I asked about getting a taxi for the trip back and was told to just go to the snack bar and they would call one. Wrong. They wouldn't call for us. Something about too many people find alternate travel and the cabbies would no longer drive up there to potentially get stiffed. We had already scoped out the bus situation and ended up taking the local bus back for $5.50 for both of us. The bus is a good alternative to a taxi going to or coming back from Arashi.

We just walked the city in Curacao and did our shopping there. Next time we want to hit the beaches to snorkel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
In Aruba, we got a day pass to the Aruba Occidental. I can't remember I I can post links here, so just google for day pass there. (It was through an excursion company.) Nice pool area and large beach. It included a buffet lunch and unlimited cocktails. I'd get there early to get seats because it filled up quick around the pool and on the beach, and we only had a group of 4. The kids will love feeding the little lizards and iguanas; they will bring out lettuce for them.quote]

This sounds exactly like what we are looking to do in Aruba. We always make a point to arrive early, I'm just worried we won't be able to get a seat out of the sun? I'm not sure if they limit day passes or anything.

How far is it from the pier, and what is the cost of a cab? It appears the passes are $89.00 a person, which I am okay with. Just trying to plan it out. :-)

• 1 month later...
We were just in Curacao last month.... loved it.. we booked an excursion that was a lil tour of the city and 3 hrs at a beach... there were lounge chairs, shade trees,and bathrooms... also there was a snack bar or two..there is a breakwater out about 100yds so the water is very calm and allows great snorkeling.

We had a great time... we booked through the ship and it was $30pp.

There were plenty of tour groups selling various excursions right off the ship.

Aruba was not my cup of tea.. there were some neat sights but with all the high rise resorts, it kinda felt like the whole "island" experience wasn't there and I felt like I was in Miami...

Just my 2 cents....

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Forums mobile app

Do you remember the name of tour and what cruise lines were you sailing. We are sailing with Celebrity Cruise Lines.

Thanks for any information.

What currency is use in Aruba & Curacao and can you the US dollar?

Edited by cruise47
spelling

In Curacau, we took a tour from the cruise terminal. It gave us a brief tour which included a stop at a distillery, a stop at a view point and a 2 hour stop at a beach (the one with a breakwater which has very good snorkelling by the breakwater). On the return , you can either get dropped of back at the cruise terminal or by the Rif Fort. We chose to get dropped of at the terminal, went on board to drop of our beach gear, had a shower, a bite to eat, then went ashore again to walk into town across the bridge. Children would love being in the bridge when it opens. It was $US 10 per person. We had to pay a small amount to gain entry to the beach.

What cruise lines were you sailing and the name of the tour. We are cruising with Celebrity Cruise Line. Thanks for any information about Curacao.

How far is it from the pier, and what is the cost of a cab? It appears the passes are $89.00 a person, which I am okay with. Just trying to plan it out. :-)

It was fairly close to the port, maybe 10 minutes? Sorry, I don't remember what the cab fare was.

• 1 month later...
We will be arriving at Aruba on the 6th of June of 2017 aboard my Carnival Magic and then to Curacao the following day. There are 8 of us, My wife and I and our 2 boys, 20 and 22. My brother and his wife and 2 kids, 18 and 16. Never having been to either of these ports we are looking for any hints to help us have the best time ever, or close to it anyway. We love to snorkel and would love to do some sightseeing. We don't care to go on our own and would rather not do a Carnival cruise, but keeping our options open. We will be in Aruba from 1pm til 10 pm and in Curacao from 8am til 4pm. Thank you in advance for any and all of your help.

Makins77 - What did you decide to do? We're going to be hitting those two ports next monty on Carnival Vista.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Sea

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

7/12 Pride of America

• 1 month later...
What cruise lines were you sailing and the name of the tour. We are cruising with Celebrity Cruise Line. Thanks for any information about Curacao.

Sorry, I missed answering your question when you raised it. I was sailing with P&O and don't know the name of the tour. It was not a tour booked onboard, we paid and hopped on board in the port just after we left the ship. They are bright yellow buses.

Did Makins77 report what their group did on Curacao and Aruba? Unless there are extraordinary circumstances going on, doesn't it make sense after information gathering on the boards for what to do that we report back what we decided upon and the pros and cons of the results???

Did Makins77 report what their group did on Curacao and Aruba? Unless there are extraordinary circumstances going on, doesn't it make sense after information gathering on the boards for what to do that we report back what we decided upon and the pros and cons of the results???

Nope..never saw a response anywhere.

Doug

We were just in Curacao last month.... loved it.. we booked an excursion that was a lil tour of the city and 3 hrs at a beach... there were lounge chairs, shade trees,and bathrooms... also there was a snack bar or two..there is a breakwater out about 100yds so the water is very calm and allows great snorkeling.

We had a great time... we booked through the ship and it was $30pp.

There were plenty of tour groups selling various excursions right off the ship.

Aruba was not my cup of tea.. there were some neat sights but with all the high rise resorts, it kinda felt like the whole "island" experience wasn't there and I felt like I was in Miami...

Just my 2 cents....

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Forums mobile app

Do you know the name of the beach they took you to? Did they charge for the lounge chairs and was there a bar there?

We did these ports in 2014 and are headed back April 2018. I did Irietours in Curacao and took the bus to the beach in Aruba. I am looking for a tour for Aruba and either a tour forCuracao or something else. There are 4 of us so (2 older teens with us) so I don't want to spend a lot of money per person and also only 2 of us snorkel/swim at beaches.

We enjoyed Irie Tours in Curacao. It gave us an overview of the island, some beach time, and still time to explore the town upon return.

That's what we're doing in December. I love that we'll be able to get some snorkel time in, we have our own equipment.

• 1 month later...
That's what we are doing in December. Eagle Beach after.
We did the trikes back in March and LOVED it. Leaving Saturday for an 8 day cruise and thanks to hurricanes, we are going back to Aruba. We are spending the day at eagle beach then sunset dinner at Passions! Can't wait.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 7 months later...