Silly question.... Is this true on Regal - Bed facing forward or Aft ?

Wishing on a star

We are looking at booking the last, most mid-ship balcony, in the FORWARD section, on Caribe... as we are hoping to budget and spend money on extras, instead of a larger cabin. But want a quiet location and a bit more privacy than some other locations.

I am one who likes to travel forward... looking forward as one sits or lays on the bed... Or in the chair at the desk...

I can not find specific info, but I found this: by a good poster here:

"I don't know if this is true on all decks on all ships, but for all of the cabins I have been in, if you look at the deck plan you will see a line in the hallway indicating where there is a watertight door barrier. It is a quarter circle looking drawing on the deck plans. If you start at the bow and work toward the stern, the first cabin to the stern of the watertight door will have the bed with the head at the stern and your feet at the bow. ..."

So, does anyone know if we should book C210 instead of C214?

According to this info, C214 the bed layout would be facing AFT.

C210 is most likely beds facing forward; C214 most likely beds facing aft.

FYI, that should be fire doors, not watertight. :) As an officer once reminded me, if those were watertight doors, you'd be in deep doo-doo if the water got that high.

Even cabin numbers are on the port side and odd cabin numbers are on the starboard side of the ship. Carpet on the port side has 2 red stripes running down it and on the Starboard side 2 blue stripes. So by looking at the carpet or room numbers you can determine which side of the ship your are presently. Cabin numbers increase as you move towards the stern (flat end of the ship).

In reality it won't matter once you are onboard. I'm a "Port Side Guy" and prefer to see the sea moving in that direction when I'm on the balcony. I've had Starboard balconies and have seen that it really doesn't matter. It still doesn't seem quite "right" but, in reality, I adjust immediately. Which way my head or feet face "seems" like it would matter a lot but it really doesn't once you are on the ship.

I would think that even numbers would be facing the same way and odd numbers the other. Which would make 10 and 14 the same. Don't know...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Odd numbered cabins are on starboard side and even numbered cabins are on port side. So odd/even numbers do not go the same way all on one or other side of ship. Cabins are mainly paired with bathrooms back to back with service panels in the corridor between pairs of cabins. If you know the side the bathroom is on you know the beds are on the opposite side. You just need to know for definite a nearby cabin's arrangement and count back in pairs. I suspect if you have an even tally of cabins in a run the end ones will not have bathrooms at the extreme end of the run but will have paired plumbing access between first and second in the run.

Regards John

Agree with Pam. The entrance doors are most likely close together between C210 and C241. If we are correct C210 beds will face forward. If this is most important to you call Princess. They have more detailed deck plans which show the doorways and bath/closet areas.

Thank you guys...

Yes, I know it is silly... But good info that might be true and helpful.

When I was researching, I see that people are interested in this so that they know they can plug in things like their CPAP with the desk on 'their' side of the bed.

On a ship like the Regal, without looking out... probably never know that you are moving in either particular direction!

All 'visual'!!!

According to pics on cruisedeckplans.com, starboard cabin C215 has the head of the bed forward, toes pointing aft. So C214 would be the same on port side. C210 would be the reverse. EM

On any of the Princess ships that I've been on, to the best of my knowledge anyway, there is never a stateroom that has a number ending in 13 so that modifies the rotation of numbers so that it would be difficult to know how the numbers change. Also, when you figure in other anomalies such as passages, storage area, and the fact that some stateroom sequences don't always start at the some horizontal locations (look at the staterooms that are on the deck with the art displays and you'll see what I mean) that that throws another monkey wrench into the deal.

Tom

True, stateroom numbers and specifics of deck plans can be a bit different between port or starboard.

I think there might be some truth to the fire-door thing, because, the fire-door would affect the layout of the back-to-back plumbing and electrical logistics. Which would make sense, as I don't imagine that a fire-wall has plumbing and wiring thru it.

That would be an important and valid factor... Not just some arbitrary thing that somebody came up with.