Southern carribean cruise flights from uk

MsScot

16 /8/ 17

Hi has anyone flown to puerto rico for a southern carribean cruise from the UK? I have a great deal on the cruise only but need flights. I would be flying from Edinburgh or Glasgow to London then? Thanks in advance

16 /8/ 17

Hi has anyone flown to puerto rico for a southern carribean cruise from the UK? I have a great deal on the cruise only but need flights. I would be flying from Edinburgh or Glasgow to London then? Thanks in advance

Did a few years ago flew into Miami, stayed overnight and flew into san Juan the following morning. Return flew into Miami am then to Heathrow at 5.25pm. There were two scots families on the same cruise did the Heathrow flight, and then onward to Scotland

16 /8/ 17

Starting the journey tomorrow. Birmingham to Paris to JFK to San Juan.

If everything goes ok just over 16 hrs travelling and only 512gbp each on Delta/Air France

Booked through net flights monthes ago

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Flew there for a Celebrity Cruise lst year. Just another airport. Immigration a lot easier than it was for Miami. Think it was with Norwegian Air. They were fine.

I believe Norwegian no longer do the San Juan route

BA to Miami and then AA to SJU with a few hours layover in MIA. Going through immigration in Miami has much improved.

On the return we flew SJU PHL and overnighted there. Fab city. Then BA back to LHR.

About £700pp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did it a few years ago when BA were doing a direct flight but don't think anyone is doing that now. If you want to avoid mainland US the other option is Iberia via Madrid.

Julie

Another possibility might be a flight from Glasgow or Edinburgh to Orlando or Sanford, if there is still such a thing (I have been away from the UK too long to know), and then onwards to SJ from there.

We have done MAN to Orlando with Virgin then Jet Blue from Orlando to San Juan. We had a couple of nights in Orlando on the way to break up the Journey. Coming back can be done in one day with a Midday flight out of San Juan, then an evening flight out of Orlando.

Like many have said, you can hop a flight from Edinburgh or Glasgow to the United States, likely Orlando, or you can book with a main carrier and have two layovers. KLM or BA will probably be one of your best options. On the way there, you would fly to London, then to Miami or Charlotte, spend one night, and fly the next morning to SJU (on BA), or fly to Amsterdam, then to Atlanta, spend a night, then fly to SJU in the morning. You could always do a combination of airlines, like fly with Virgin or Thomson to Orlando (however be careful with Thomson because you will fly into Sanford and will likely need to get to MCO later) and then Jetblue or Southwest from MCO to SJU.

You also have Iberia and AIr Europa flying from Madrid, as well as Condor from Frankfurt, which is also something to think about.

On the way back, you should be able to take a late morning/afternoon flight from SJU to a major US hub, like Miami, Atlanta, DC, or New York, and then connect that same day onto your transatlantic flight, either direct or with a short stop in another European city. Hopefully it all works out well for you!

Edited by OceansOfTravels

We did it a few years ago when BA were doing a direct flight but don't think anyone is doing that now. If you want to avoid mainland US the other option is Iberia via Madrid.

Julie

We did the Iberia route last year and chose to stay over in Madrid for 2 days before flying Madrid to San Juan. Iberia also offered bidding on Business class so we upgraded for a fraction of the price of buying Business class. We would certainly take the Madrid route again rather than having a connection in the US,

We flew did this in March this year for our 25th wedding anniversary. We flew LHR to Miami, couple of hours at the airport then on to San Juan. Coming home we flew San Juan to JFK, New York, short turnaround then on to LHR. Our flights were with American Airlines, booked through the RC website along with the cruise. Both the cruise and the flights were good prices. I think the flights were just less than £600 each return.

We loved the Southern Caribbean cruise - 10 nights on Adventure. Well worth the long flight!