Golden Princess and All-Inclusive Beverage Package NEW LIMITS

Mr. Muster

You are correct with the Ruby butter package, we are Elite so we will get cut back on the Sip and Sail but will be getting the extra butter at dinner. I have to comment on getting Cranberry juice in the morning, they used to put it out but most of the times it isn't, so when I asked one of the waitstaff for a large glass he gave me a small glass, I said give me the biggest glass you have and he said he couldn't as they might run out, I had to ask the white jacket for a large glass and he laughed and brought me the pitcher, we've been on over 24 cruises and they are coming to an end as we are liking dry land vacations better, but when looking at cruises I see they are still getting sold out, just have to move on, but some comments on here sure make me laugh, have a nice day

Is there anyone who has recently sailed on the Golden able to give a Daily price for the All Inclusive Drinks Package in AUD ? We are in the UK and our Cruise Organizer is showing £47.20 per day which is AUD 77.03. If as stated the price is AUD59 we will buy onboard. TIA

PS We will be bringing our own butter so no prices required lol.

So if I'm just 'Gold' does this mean I get extra butter or do I have to wait until I'm 'Ruby'......and is it real butter?

What about bacon for 'Gold' - would that be only 2 extra pieces?

What if I wanted to actually put my butter onto my extra bacon?

Is that allowed?

and.....

would it melt?

(just askin'!) :)

Be careful of all inclusive beverage packages because you gain an extra 10 pounds on longer cruises.

long cruiser

Dearie:

Did you mean to warn us about being careful of all inclusive butter packages? I could see the extra 10 pounds from that!!!

;p

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies!!

To clarify, that would refer to alcoholic drinks. Non-alcoholic would still be unlimited.

Not surprised if Princess limits drinks. Too many people sharing with family and friends.

I get that, people sharing ruin it for everyone else. I have no idea how many drinks I have per day on a cruise because Princess does not add it to my bar tab. If they are keeping track, then I want to see it on my bill, so I can dispute any errors. I have a hard time believing I drink over 15 per day, but if they are going to start to limit how many drinks you get, they need to change the name. It's no longer all inclusive. My family has been getting the AIBP and soda package (the mocktail one) since they began selling them. Not because we all drink all day but because it's easier to deal with the known cost. We prepay as much as we can on vacation so that when we are on vacation it doesn't break the bank. This kind of cost cutting is frustrating. We've always gotten everyone in our cabin the package. We have not been cheating the process. I wish Princess would learn to police the cheaters not hurt the rule followers.

Be careful of all inclusive beverage packages because you gain an extra 10 pounds on longer cruises.

long cruiser

Poppycock.

Nope, not poppycock at all. Did a 61 day cruise on the Ocean Princess in 2014 without the AIBP and only gained a pound or two. Did a 64 day cruise on the Ocean Princess in 2016 with the AIBP and gained 15 pounds. Were my trousers ever uncomfortable! Just now getting rid of the last of that weight!

It does say this for the AIBP with the current Sip n' Sail promotion. Per the description:

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

But the web site description of AIBP makes no mention of any limit.

Sent from my desktop using MTF

My booking states:

All-inclusive Beverage package, may be subject to daily limits

I would have to say that it costs Princess Cruises more to fry a hamburger than serving a shot of liquor,they are paying peanuts for the cases of booze that they buy, same for the beer, but seeing that the burgers are included in the cruise price You can share them, but wait, what about the specialty coffee, it is included with the AIBP, when you go to Tim Hortons or Starbucks they will cost you a good couple of bucks, probably more than a beer, so don't share your specialty coffee or milkshakes, because the police will be watching. As far as the butter goes, throw a pound in your suitcase so when they scan that you will get the green light, only comparing the bull%^*#}}{], that really goes on.

Nope, not poppycock at all. Did a 61 day cruise on the Ocean Princess in 2014 without the AIBP and only gained a pound or two. Did a 64 day cruise on the Ocean Princess in 2016 with the AIBP and gained 15 pounds. Were my trousers ever uncomfortable! Just now getting rid of the last of that weight!

Directed at the OP not the off topic of cruise weight gain. But thanks.

Need to try RCCL, package cost will vary but I am paying under 50 a day for last cruise and also next cruise, unlimited amount of drinks , they do have a cost limit of either 12 or 13 a drink, but that covers almost all drinks including 12 year old single malt scotch , some of the better wine by the glass can be over but you just pay the difference over the 12 dollars

Need to try RCCL, package cost will vary but I am paying under 50 a day for last cruise and also next cruise, unlimited amount of drinks , they do have a cost limit of either 12 or 13 a drink, but that covers almost all drinks including 12 year old single malt scotch , some of the better wine by the glass can be over but you just pay the difference over the 12 dollars

No desire to sail RCCL.

Have you sailed RCCL? In general that is my favorite line but I have cruised 60 plus times did Princess many times also Hal , Costa, MSC and others only 2 lines I doubt I would try again are Carnival and NCL

Yes we have. Should have added anymore to my comment. ;)

Nice stroll down memory lane, Dearies.....but not getting us any concrete information about purported current practice of Golden Princess imposing daily limits on the number of alcohol drinks allowed on their AIBP (either through 'Sip and Sail' or their fixed price package). Hasn't anyone recently sailed Golden Princess or have friends who currently are sailing on her who can get us the scoop?

Toot-Toot!

So if I'm just 'Gold' does this mean I get extra butter or do I have to wait until I'm 'Ruby'......and is it real butter?

What about bacon for 'Gold' - would that be only 2 extra pieces?

What if I wanted to actually put my butter onto my extra bacon?

Is that allowed?

and.....

would it melt?

No, your bacon would not melt.

Nice stroll down memory lane, Dearies.....but not getting us any concrete information about purported current practice of Golden Princess imposing daily limits on the number of alcohol drinks allowed on their AIBP (either through 'Sip and Sail' or their fixed price package). Hasn't anyone recently sailed Golden Princess or have friends who currently are sailing on her who can get us the scoop?

Toot-Toot!

Can't remember if it was this particular thread (and it's too dang late to scroll back through or to look elsewhere either) but there is a thread with a screenshot from the Princess FB page where it is specifically stated that the new limit is 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period. It does not, however, define a 24 hour period. When does it start? When does it end? Specifics are important and are what is lacking.

Heck, when we booked under the Sip and Sail (last year - not the recent promo) there was no limit. How is it equitable to suddenly change the rules? (I don't see an issue with 15 alcoholic drinks per day but changing rules after signing a contract is generally considered bad form...)

We are going on the Island to Alaska on Sept. 13, when I called our Princess rep, she said it was changed to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hr. period. We shall see what the limit is when we sail, she also said it is the bartenders discretion, sounds like when getting stopped on the highway for going 110 KM in a 100 KM zone, and the officer looks your drivers license up on the computer and sees you have a good record and then says, I will let you go with a warning but usually he says the limit is around 108 KM, but we are lenient with the speeds. It's like I said earlier, a milkshake onboard is worth more than a beer, they should be putting limits on the shakes, we are Elite and get the free minibar setup, well not really free as we pay for it just like everyone else upfront. We always buy drinks onboard so not being cheap by any means, only saying we will see what the limits are and if they even scan your card when buying drinks as We've sat at the bar before and never had our card scanned, so this is all about the principle of this topic, always read the fine print. But the other poster talking about the cutback with the butter is another issue, come on guys hammer on this issue, I know you want to put in your two cents!!

Heck, when we booked under the Sip and Sail (last year - not the recent promo) there was no limit. How is it equitable to suddenly change the rules? (I don't see an issue with 15 alcoholic drinks per day but changing rules after signing a contract is generally considered bad form...)

One part of the cruise contract you agree to basically says that Princess can change the rules any time they want. And this includes the Captain making rule changes also.

If you try to buy the package from your cruise personalizer, there is no mention of a daily limit.

Does this only apply if you book under a Sip-n-Sail promotion?

What if I had an inside cabin on a S-n-S voyage and had to buy the package myself?

What if I am booked on a sailing that offered S-n-S, but did not book under that promotion?

Am I going to be limited because my TA gifted the AIBP to us?

I don't think the 15 drink limit will stop anything but possibly some of the sharing, but a 9 drink limit might.

I'm wondering if Princess is going to require that every AIB purchase now requires a signature to be on file as you would when purchasing drinks ala carte. We typically find that after a day or so, the wait staff would remember our folio number and we wouldn't even have to show the cruise card, let alone have them scan it when ordering a drink. Other times bar staff would get to know us would scan 1 card, even if two drinks were ordered.

If they really are counting, then they need to track exactly what is being ordered and when and keep an audit trail. Part of me thinks that this is just an "out" for Princess to cut someone off (as they should have done on our Regal Caribbean Cruise last November, when one passenger at Crooner's fell over multiple times -one waitress cut her off, but she simply ordered another drink from a different staff member), or if they suspect a passenger is sharing the AIB benefits. I guess we'll find out soon enough.