Cost of a single drink aboard Harmony

Foto546

We are sailing on Harmony during the second week of September. First time with Royal Caribbean. We have sailed 3 times with Holland America before. Looking at the cost of the drink packages on Harmony, they seem very high to me, unless you drink a great deal. What does a single soft drink, a beer, and a cocktail cost on Harmony? I'm trying to determine if the drink packages are worth it for just a few sodas and alcoholic beverages per day. Holland America had drink packages for different amounts ($50-$100-$200), that refunded the amount not used at the end of the cruise. On Holland America a soda was $2, a beer $5, and most cocktails $6-$7. When you consider getting back the unused portion of the drink package, that was very reasonable.

Thank you, Bob. Those prices are more than my past experience, last cruise for me was 2012. Maybe prices have gone up across all the cruise lines.

I don't know about other cruise lines, but I know Royal has raised most cocktail prices to the limit of the drink packages ($12-$14), seemingly to entice people to purchase a package.

I don't know about other cruise lines, but I know Royal has raised most cocktail prices to the limit of the drink packages ($12-$14), seemingly to entice people to purchase a package.

I am sure it was planned with some brands rising enough so that they moved to the higher tier drink package. And as you stated enticing them to purchase the drink package of their choice.

Included in your fare is Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. If you can make do with those drinks, and the occasional purchased drink, you will come out ahead without the package.

And yes...the prices have gone up to ridiculous levels.

Royal has some of the highest drink costs of any of the lines I've sailed on (carnival, Disney, celebrity and royal). Although there are some $8 drinks, I would expect to pay $12-$14 dollar for most of the specialty drinks (lower cost drinks are the basics - rum and coke, rye and gingerale, etc).

Thank you, Bob. Those prices are more than my past experience, last cruise for me was 2012. Maybe prices have gone up across all the cruise lines.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Foto.

I would say that the past five years is a lifetime in the cruising experience. :)

;p Being wine drinkers can some one post the cost of a glass of wine and a bottle. I don't want to hijack the post but would like to know. Thanks.

A glass was around $9-$15 for most wines. Don't remember the bottle prices

Included in your fare is Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. If you can make do with those drinks, and the occasional purchased drink, you will come out ahead without the package.

And yes...the prices have gone up to ridiculous levels.

The coffee is plain black coffee. No speciality coffees, those are included in the drink packages as well as bottle water.

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Carnival Sunshine 2/9/2014

RC Liberty of the seas 9/18/2016

RC Harmony of the seas 5/26/2018

I will say this. In 2014 when I went without kids me and my sister. Honestly we should have got a drink package then because we easily spent $1000 on a 7 day cruise on Carnival and honestly we didn't get drunk each night. We were a little tipsy you could say and we took a few shots (we were with other family and friends so I bought a few drinks for others and a few rounds of shots) that's for 2 people so honestly the drink package and all it is included in it will be the best for me and my boyfriend.

Edited by nelsonbrandyl

I will say this. In 2014 when I went without kids me and my sister. Honestly we should have got a drink package then because we easily spent $1000 on a 7 day cruise on Carnival and honestly we didn't get drunk each night. We were a little tipsy you could say and we took a few shots (we were with other family and friends so I bought a few drinks for others and a few rounds of shots) that's for 2 people so honestly the drink package and all it is included in it will be the best for me and my boyfriend.

Drinks /rounds for others would not be included in your drink package. We are trying the drink package on our next cruise and will too see if it is worth it.

I suspect based on the continual rise in individual drink prices to push you to the packages, it will be close. I am not going to get drunk just to break even or better. I too think I will enjoy the coffees and other drinks too!

You need to plan another cruise to see! :)

Drinks /rounds for others would not be included in your drink package. We are trying the drink package on our next cruise and will too see if it is worth it.

I suspect based on the continual rise in individual drink prices to push you to the packages, it will be close. I am not going to get drunk just to break even or better. I too think I will enjoy the coffees and other drinks too!

You need to plan another cruise to see! :)

I do know drinks are not included for other people. It's just me and boyfriend going

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Nelsonbrandyl&date=5-26-2018&text=&ship=Harmony%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

Carnival Magic 9/18/2012

Carnival Magic 2/17/2013

Carnival Sunshine 2/9/2014

RC Liberty of the seas 9/18/2016

RC Harmony of the seas 5/26/2018