Recipes from Princess

jean95404

I went on to Princess' Face Book and requested their Black and Blue Onion Soup recipe and they responded and posted the recipe very quickly. BTW, it came out delicious!

You're a genius!!!!!Will get the recipe for my son-in-law to make us a treat!

I bought the cookbook on board ($28.00) Its wonderful BUT missing the 1 recipe I was hoping for...The Goat Cheese App!! I filled out a comment form on board (4/8/2010) and asked Chef to e-mail it to me...haven't heard a thing yet. I will try the facebook idea...Thanks!!

Kris

I purchased their cookbook a couple years ago. If there is a recipe you'd like, I could look and see if it is in there and then post it for you.

That would be GREAT...It was listed on the menu as an appetiser. The actual name I know had "Goat Cheese" in it. It may be Goat Cheese Souffle?? Posted on facebook...no reply yet. It was about the Diameter of a Tangerine and about 2 inches high.

Kris

Has anyone ever requested, and received, a recipe from Princess for an item they have on the menu (ie Bran Muffins)

Yes!

Love their cold soups. Yum!:D

Princess Cruise cold soup recipes:

Frozen Rum-Infused Piña Colada Soup

Yield: 10 Servings

Ingredients:

2⅔ lbs pineapple (keep some dice for garnish)

1 cup sugar, granulated

2¾ cup plain yogurt

5⅓ cup sour cream

2⅔ cup coconut milk

3/8 cup lime juice

5⅓ oz coconut flakes

⅛ cup rum

10 pieces pineapple, for garnish

Method of Preparation:

•In a food processor blend pineapple, sugar, limes juice, coconut milk and coconut flakes.

•Combine pineapple mixture, plain yogurt, sour cream and rum in a bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill at least for 3 hours.

•Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

Ice Cold Peach and Mango Soup

Yield: 10 Servings

Ingredients:

1½ lbs stonefruit chunks (mango, peaches, apricot, nectarines, keep some dice for garnish)

4 cups plain yogurt

1½ cups milk

4 tbls honey

1 lb ice cubes

Method of Preparation:

•Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or to desired consistency.

•Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

I purchased their cookbook a couple years ago. If there is a recipe you'd like, I could look and see if it is in there and then post it for you.

How about the Porcini Mushroom Soup or the Fruit Tartlets that they have daily on the buffet? Are either of those recipes in the cookbook?

KSCPA,

I just went thru the cookbook and there are no recipes with goat cheese.

Sorry

Thanks for looking...I have it posted in Princess Facebook...hopefully they will answer. I know the waiter said it had Trambrulay in it. I know thats not spelled right!! LOL

Feelin' Nauti', Thanks for the cold soup recipes! I LOVE those!

Does anyone have any of Princess' low fat salad dressing recipes? I love every one and it's hard to believe that they are low fat. The make me want to eat salad.

thanks in advance.

How about the Porcini Mushroom Soup or the Fruit Tartlets that they have daily on the buffet? Are either of those recipes in the cookbook?

I just found it also. Thanks for sending it to KSCPA. My scanner died so it would have taken a while to type it. We must have the same cookbook. Does yours have the linguine al pesto alla moda ligure on the cover? It's the third edition from 2006. We got it on our cruise in 2008.

I wonder if they come out with new recipes every year?

no tartlets or low fat dressings.

Princess' Famous Fettuccine Alfredo::p YUM!!!!!!

1 pound egg noodles

4 egg yolks

1 c. heavy cream

½ c. Parmesan cheese

Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to package directions.

Drain and set aside.

Boil ¾ c. cream and remove from heat.

Combine egg yolks with remaining ¼ c. cream to form a liaison.

Add ¼ c. of the boiled cream to the liaison. Stir and then combine liaison with the rest of the cream.

Add Parmesan. Adjust seasoning.

If necessary, reheat pasta in boiling, salted water. Toss drained pasta with sauce.

Parmesan Cheese Basket:

2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place a non-stick omelet pan on the stove over medium heat.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ c. of the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cook until the color lightly changes to golden.

Flip the cheese over and allow to cook until golden.

Remove from the pan and place over a mold form or bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool.

Serves 4

I went on to Princess' Face Book and requested their Black and Blue Onion Soup recipe and they responded and posted the recipe very quickly. BTW, it came out delicious!

Tralynn,

I emailed Princess twice for the black and blue onion soup to no avail. Would you be able to post it? Appreciate it!!!

Princess' Famous Fettuccine Alfredo::p YUM!!!!!!

1 pound egg noodles

4 egg yolks

1 c. heavy cream

½ c. Parmesan cheese

Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to package directions.

Drain and set aside.

Boil ¾ c. cream and remove from heat.

Combine egg yolks with remaining ¼ c. cream to form a liaison.

Add ¼ c. of the boiled cream to the liaison. Stir and then combine liaison with the rest of the cream.

Add Parmesan. Adjust seasoning.

If necessary, reheat pasta in boiling, salted water. Toss drained pasta with sauce.

Parmesan Cheese Basket:

2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place a non-stick omelet pan on the stove over medium heat.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ c. of the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cook until the color lightly changes to golden.

Flip the cheese over and allow to cook until golden.

Remove from the pan and place over a mold form or bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool.

Serves 4

THANKS!! It's a great easy receipe that I'll add to my collection!

Tralynn,

I emailed Princess twice for the black and blue onion soup to no avail. Would you be able to post it? Appreciate it!!!

Here ya go Chesie.....

Princess Cruises Ok Tracy. It looks like you're going to be cooking now! Here is the recipe you reqeusted. Enjoy!

Black and Blue Onion Soup

6 Servings

Soup:

4 medium-sized sliced white onions (1 lb, 5 oz)

5 cups chicken stock

1/8 tsp fresh thyme leaves

½ tsp olive oil

2 tbsp Jack Daniels

Roquefort Crust:

½ loaf white or French bread

1 garlic bulb, cut across the grain

Olive Oil

½ lb Roquefort cheese, crumbled

• Sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned, being careful not to burn them. Add thyme and cook for an additional 2 minutes

• Add in the Jack Daniels and carefully flame off the alcohol

• Add the stock and simmer for 1 hour, over a moderate heat, allowing the onions to stew and thereby releasing their natural sugars and flavor

• Season to taste

• Ladle into ovenproof bowls

• For the Roquefort crust – cut the bread into rounds, sized to fit into the bowls. Rub the garlic bulbs across the bread. Place onto baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven until crisp and golden brown

• Top each soup portion with a round of toasted bread and thick layer of Roquefort cheese. Place in the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and serve immediately

Here ya go Chesie.....

Princess Cruises Ok Tracy. It looks like you're going to be cooking now! Here is the recipe you reqeusted. Enjoy!

Black and Blue Onion Soup

6 Servings

Soup:

4 medium-sized sliced white onions (1 lb, 5 oz)

5 cups chicken stock

1/8 tsp fresh thyme leaves

½ tsp olive oil

2 tbsp Jack Daniels

Roquefort Crust:

½ loaf white or French bread

1 garlic bulb, cut across the grain

Olive Oil

½ lb Roquefort cheese, crumbled

• Sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned, being careful not to burn them. Add thyme and cook for an additional 2 minutes

• Add in the Jack Daniels and carefully flame off the alcohol

• Add the stock and simmer for 1 hour, over a moderate heat, allowing the onions to stew and thereby releasing their natural sugars and flavor

• Season to taste

• Ladle into ovenproof bowls

• For the Roquefort crust – cut the bread into rounds, sized to fit into the bowls. Rub the garlic bulbs across the bread. Place onto baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven until crisp and golden brown

• Top each soup portion with a round of toasted bread and thick layer of Roquefort cheese. Place in the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and serve immediately

Tracy,

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!! :D:DThank you very much!

Nancy

I don't want anyone to do a lot of searching but since you're discussing recipes, has anyone came across the ceasar salad recipe? We sure would like to know their ingredients and although I have written Princess a long time ago, I did not receive a reply.