2016 Norwegian Drink and Cocktail Prices

Smitty74

I am about to go on the NCL Breakaway for a cruise, and Im just curious if anybody has a list of current drink prices? I am on the Ultimate Beverage Package (UBP), and am curious what my "$15 Maximum per drink" will get me.

Assuming I dont want to pay any more than I am already paying. Am I going to be at the bar sipping Single Malt Scotch all week, or am I going to be up on the Lido deck drinking Budweiser?

I am about to go on the NCL Breakaway for a cruise, and Im just curious if anybody has a list of current drink prices? I am on the Ultimate Beverage Package (UBP), and am curious what my "$15 Maximum per drink" will get me.

On behalf of Smitty74 and myself, thanks a million, TheDougOut.

Keep in mind those mixed drinks above $15 come in a souvenir cup, I'm sure you could get them in a non souvenir cup for a lower price.

True! But you can also get the special drinks in the special cups and just pay the difference. We got the Moscow Mules in the copper mugs and only paid $2.95.

Same with the high priced booze. If you want something from that list over on the right that says ask for prices, you'll only pay the difference between $15 and the quoted price.

WOW!!!! :eek:

Are these the standard bar prices in all ship bars?

Sailing in Europe this summer, for whatever reason the UBP was not an inclusive offer when we booked. Would not have expected to need it, but these prices are HIGH. Much higher than what I paid comparatively on Carnival last summer.

True! But you can also get the special drinks in the special cups and just pay the difference. We got the Moscow Mules in the copper mugs and only paid $2.95.

Are we sure this is standard practice? I thought UBP terms stated that souvenir glasses were excluded. How would it work with the Mai Tai, which comes in a souvenir glass under the $15 threshold?

Thanks, but didn't NCL reduce the wines included under the drink package?

Yes, they used to have a By-the-Glass list of about 20 whites and 20 reds available, including several Pinot Noirs, several Chardonnays, etc. Now they're down to 8 of each, and you only have one label choice per wine type. I'm hoping I can sweet-talk a bartender or two into digging deeper into the wine list for me....

Edited by Texsylvanian

Well, what's the answer? What shall you be drinking during your week aboard the Breakaway?

(yes, I'm living vicariously through you!)

When I'm hanging out pool side, it's going to be caipirinha's. After dinner, it may be a little remy Martin cognac. An appropriate wine with dinner, and lastly if I want to get blasted, and have no idea how it happened, I will drink Long Island iced teas. :)

The wine lovers have a legitimate complaint about the lack of choices, but other than that, there's plenty of liquer options.

Edited by Smitty74

Good luck! On the Escape you could find a nice selection of higher priced wines at the Mondavi bar...like $30+. The kicker? You couldn't use the $15 credit for the UBP. Same was true for the only "real" champagne by the glass: Veuve Clicquot. It was available on special for about $22 or $23 a glass with no UBP credit.

IMO, the Mondavi "experience" will not last long term.

Yes, they used to have a By-the-Glass list of about 20 whites and 20 reds available, including several Pinot Noirs, several Chardonnays, etc. Now they're down to 8 of each, and you only have one label choice per wine type. I'm hoping I can sweet-talk a bartender or two into digging deeper into the wine list for me....

I like robust reds and there are NO longer any available on the drinks package. This severely reduces the value of the package. I will no look at booking with NCL for my next cruise.