Allure 14730 and 14330

This room (14330) opened up for $500 less than our CLS. Anyone have any reviews or pics? Most stuff is reviewing deck 11 ATS. Is it worth booking?? The reviews and vids I have seen are spotty at best.

there's some pretty good info on this thread. on page 2 is a list of the aft suites and their sizes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2363794

i basically wrote a novel on that thread, but if you want the condensed version, we were in 12730 a couple of weeks ago, loved the balcony and the view, but the room was tight, and honestly the interior lacked the "wow" factor of the crown loft. the best part about it is the balcony; however, on deck 14, there are two small balconies instead of 1 large one, and they appear to be tiny. i could see onto the one closest to the aqua theater, and there didn't even really seem to be room for chairs. the folks on that balcony just stood at the rail to watch the aqua shows. because a large balcony is important to me, i would book this suite on deck 11, maybe on 12 again if it was significantly cheaper than a crown loft or OS but i lean towards not, and would not book deck 14.

in addition, in the crown loft you have the suite lounge nearby if you want your free wine/beer/soda all day, and snacks. if this is for your honeymoon cruise (i saw in your signature - congrats! :) ), and you'll be chilling in your room a lot, it will be handy to have the lounge nearby.

i guess it also depends on how important the $500 is to you. that's not an insignificant amount, especially if you have wedding expenses, etc. it could go a long way toward specialty dinners and other extras.

if it was me, i'd stick with the crown loft. however, you cannot go wrong with either. the view from the aft was great, and the rooms are pretty cool looking, even if a little tight for a suite. i just think the L1 crown loft has a little more overall "wow", a more convenient location, and probably a better balcony with more privacy than the aft.

i'm sure others will pop on here and disagree. :D

We were in 14730 on Oasis. We enjoyed the cabin. It has a living room and a separate bedroom. Balcony is divided with a narrow section off the living room and another section off the bedroom. From the narrow section you can see the Aquatheater. No chairs or stools so it's not easy to watch a show. Balcony off bedroom has two chairs and small table. Cabin was recently added so furnishings/bedding are relatively new.

b1188ef4adc6937cae33371e2c5bcc6c.jpg

e2b33b0068c0863698f8c52357b54af7.jpg

e55584cedb3cc510b531a0d867238bc4.jpg

e4faf1e669aea50a9e0322a9a7fa5769.jpg

c6b38923dd84a480c7ca808c51696ad6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Having been in my friends CLS last week and seeing these pics. For sure stick with CLS. 14 is too high a perspective to really enjoy the show in Aqua anyway. And being on 17 is a big plus in suite class. IMHO.

Edited by MattInFLL

Ok I was leaning CLS but these pics are making my decision harder!

That aft view looks to be amazing. And the wall of windows in the bedroom is to die for!!

Edited by atnolan94

Having been in my friends CLS last week and seeing these pics. For sure stick with CLS. 14 is too high a perspective to really enjoy the show in Aqua anyway. And being on 17 is a big plus in suite class. IMHO.

I appreciate the first hand experience! Thank you Matt. The CLS has the WOW FACTOR plus I am very excited to use the Bose sound system especially with the faster internet I should hopefully be able to stream some music through the room!!

This is tough. Both rooms are unique. Just have to decide which way to lean.

I appreciate the first hand experience! Thank you Matt. The CLS has the WOW FACTOR plus I am very excited to use the Bose sound system especially with the faster internet I should hopefully be able to stream some music through the room!!

No problem. If you read the elevator thread about Allure, remember, too, besides the elevators, the ATS is a long way down the hall :)

But I'm not sure the Bose system has Bluetooth. It does seem to have a direct hook up.

I bring my UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. Fairly compact but can fill a Sky Loft with sound. And yes, Voom is fast enough for streaming.

Enjoy no matter which cabin you pick.

No problem. If you read the elevator thread about Allure, remember, too, besides the elevators, the ATS is a long way down the hall :)

But I'm not sure the Bose system has Bluetooth. It does seem to have a direct hook up.

I bring my UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. Fairly compact but can fill a Sky Loft with sound. And yes, Voom is fast enough for streaming.

Enjoy no matter which cabin you pick.

I watch SOMEONES periscope and they said you can plug in an aux cord if you bring your own. I also have a nice Bluetooth I could bring if I did the ATS.

I like that the CLS is literally right next to the SL. And I hear the stateroom attendants tend to be better, and you can go to your room before 1pm when you board. All very nice things!

That aft view looks to be amazing. And the wall of windows in the bedroom is to die for!!

i will say the bedroom on 14 looks a lot more spacious than the bedroom on 12.

the CL will also have a wall of windows, and they will be two stories high. :D there is a wall switch or remote to close the curtains (i think it's a wall switch, but it's been a while since my CL stay). it's pretty cool. though the aft will generally have the better view, of course.

re the internet, just as a side note, each of us in the cabin got a 1-device surf and stream package for free. we had excellent internet speed in the aft cabin. DH noted there appeared to be a repeater or something in the ceiling - it was some sort of cisco device. i am not technologically inclined at all, so i may be getting the terminology wrong. long story short, the internet was excellent. my stay in the CL was long before the free internet, so i don't know how it is in there. both the CL and ATS have ipod docks, which we utilized rather than streaming music. does that make me old???? :D

seriously, you cannot go wrong either way. just go with your gut.

The pics up here sold me. I love the floor to ceiling panoramic windows. It totally takes away that tunnel-feeling you get in a CLS. I also love to see the wake. I'm not super concerned about watching the aqua show from the balcony, I'm more about the aft view anyways. But I will probably utilize it for the belly flop contest, always a big cruise event for me:D:p

I emailed my TA, as long as no one scoops it up by tomorrow morning it should be mine!

Because there are very few pictorial (or written, for that matter) reviews of this room I will be sure to take vids and pics and possibly periscope the room should people want to see that.

We have done both a CLS and 14730.

It was when 14730 was considored just a GS

Yes it was brand new and so fresh smelling.

The two rooms were great.

As others have said the long hall walk was great exercise, and we were out of the way.

The bath tub was interesting to get out of.

We love the CLS and are staying there again, love the location, love the two stories.

Enjoy whatever you do.

Safe travels.

This room (14330) opened up for $500 less than our CLS. Anyone have any reviews or pics? Most stuff is reviewing deck 11 ATS. Is it worth booking?? The reviews and vids I have seen are spotty at best.

There is a heigh restriction on the deck 14 ATS. 5'9 is the maximum height RCI will allow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

can i ask please

is the CLS suitable for a family - 2 adults and a 13 and 15 year old?

This year i am booked in an aqua suite, floor 8, so have 2 separate bedrooms plus a lounge.

Next year on the Allure i have booked an Aqua on floor 12.

I am just thinking maybe i should switch to a CLS. will the CLS be too cramped ?

You would be making the worst decision in changing your Crown Loft Suite for anything other than another Crown Loft Suite, a Sky Loft Suite or the Royal Loft Suite.

Anything on Deck 17 is considered to be the best on the ship. It is First Class. The rest is like Business and Economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have done both a CLS and 14730.

It was when 14730 was considored just a GS

Yes it was brand new and so fresh smelling.

The two rooms were great.

As others have said the long hall walk was great exercise, and we were out of the way.

The bath tub was interesting to get out of.

We love the CLS and are staying there again, love the location, love the two stories.

Enjoy whatever you do.

Safe travels.

Ok so even my TA is having me think about this change. And some of this first hand experience is making me think CLS is the way to go.

There is a heigh restriction on the deck 14 ATS. 5'9 is the maximum height RCI will allow.

I'm exactly 5'9" so this may be a little troubling. Maybe people say this room is so small because the low ceiling makes it feel as such.

Pic below shows my 5'9" husband in the bedroom. IMHO ceilings are average height. Where do you see that there is a height restriction for deck 14 ATS?

8608c2db2325d4dd97d52d4acc3c4a1c.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I'm exactly 5'9" so this may be a little troubling. Maybe people say this room is so small because the low ceiling makes it feel as such.

Pic below shows my 5'9" husband in the bedroom. IMHO ceilings are average height. Where do you see that there is a height restriction for deck 14 ATS?

the height restriction is discussed in the thread i linked to in post 2.

the ceiling in the room is normal height. however, the bathroom is a large step up (probably 6-8 inches), and then the tub is another similar-sized step up. most rooms with tubs have the step up into the tub because the plumbing is underneath, but the bathroom floor is level with the room floor; however, since the aft suites on oasis and allure were built after the fact, they have that additional step up to get into the bathroom, i presume to accommodate the toilet and sink plumbing. so, in the tub in the aft suites, you will be 6-8 inches closer to the ceiling than in any other tub on the ship.

fwiw, i am 5'7" and DH is about 5'10" and neither of us had any problems with the tub on deck 12, or getting under the showerhead or anything like that. DH still had a few inches of clearance.

the height restriction is discussed in the thread i linked to in post 2.

the ceiling in the room is normal height. however, the bathroom is a large step up (probably 6-8 inches), and then the tub is another similar-sized step up. most rooms with tubs have the step up into the tub because the plumbing is underneath, but the bathroom floor is level with the room floor; however, since the aft suites on oasis and allure were built after the fact, they have that additional step up to get into the bathroom, i presume to accommodate the toilet and sink plumbing. so, in the tub in the aft suites, you will be 6-8 inches closer to the ceiling than in any other tub on the ship.

fwiw, i am 5'7" and DH is about 5'10" and neither of us had any problems with the tub on deck 12, or getting under the showerhead or anything like that. DH still had a few inches of clearance.

d9595939f8af8a38ffd63ec1ccea802c.jpg