Aft facing balcony on Regal

Kingofcool1947

DW and I are looking at booking a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Regal. There is an aft facing deluxe balcony stateroom (280 square feet) available on Marina, deck 15.

We have never sailed on Regal, and wondering if a rear facing deluxe balcony is worth the premium costs over a standard a BC or BB stateroom,(212-250 square feet) located in mid-aft locations. Any benefits of an aft facing cabinet besides location and a larger stateroom? Pros, and cons?

Thank you.

Haven't been on the Regal but absolutely love aft cabins. You feel like you are on the ship all by yourself. No one (well maybe a few) walks past your door. You hear nothing but the serenity of the wake.

You need good mobility though. When you come down the bow staircase after a late night show and a few cocktails it looks like a VERY long walk back to home. There are hand rails the entire way...

DW and I are looking at booking a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Regal. There is an aft facing deluxe balcony stateroom (280 square feet) available on Marina, deck 15.

We have never sailed on Regal, and wondering if a rear facing deluxe balcony is worth the premium costs over a standard a BC or BB stateroom,(212-250 square feet) located in mid-aft locations. Any benefits of an aft facing cabinet besides location and a larger stateroom? Pros, and cons?

Thank you.

FYI......

Remember the Horizon Terrace is right above the balcony.

Friends had a port side Marina deck balcony (second from aft) and there was noise from people talking etc they could hear very well on the balcony.

FYI......Remember the Horizon Terrace is right above the balcony.Friends had a port side Marina deck balcony (second from aft) and there was noise from people talking etc they could hear very well on the balcony.

Good point. We once booked an Owners Suite that I think was on the Aloha deck and the railing from the swimming area above was right over our table on the balcony. Folks would come and lean over the railing and it felt like they were joining us for breakfast.

Edited by GRAYTech

FYI......

Remember the Horizon Terrace is right above the balcony.

Friends had a port side Marina deck balcony (second from aft) and there was noise from people talking etc they could hear very well on the balcony.

I was afraid of that.

Thanks.

Although our room is on the Baja Deck so we don't have any Lido issues, we were in an Owners Suite last year and booked the Deluxe Balcony cabin right next door to the suite for our B2B in two weeks. So if you can wrap your arms around the possible noise from the Lido Deck, those aft balcony cabins are, IMHO, the best on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I attached a photo I took from our aft facing balcony on the Regal. We were just on it last week. The cabin of the balcony in the picture is M725. No issues with soot or noise from above. With the Caribbean sun, i nthe afternoon it did get quite hot and you couldn't walk on it with bare feet due to the balcony being uncovered, but the size is amazing. They were great for our kids to play on. We had both M727 and M725 so we opened up the balcony door and they were the biggest balconies you could get on the Regal besides the suites. I would definitely book these cabins again.

20161028_135843.jpg.2a1d7bf77bd25556662fcd16542dd4a4.jpg

I attached a photo I took from our aft facing balcony on the Regal. We were just on it last week. The cabin of the balcony in the picture is M725. No issues with soot or noise from above. With the Caribbean sun, i nthe afternoon it did get quite hot and you couldn't walk on it with bare feet due to the balcony being uncovered, but the size is amazing. They were great for our kids to play on. We had both M727 and M725 so we opened up the balcony door and they were the biggest balconies you could get on the Regal besides the suites. I would definitely book these cabins again.

Nice!

M725 is the aft balcony we are considering.

Thanks.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hi! We are looking to book a last minute cruise on The Royal for a Nov. 25th sailing and M725 and M727 are available. My concern is the noise from above as well as the privacy of people being able to lean over rail and see us if we are sitting on the balcony.

Do you have any other pictures to share showing above you> And also, any comments on the noise and privacy level. Thanks!

AF1QipN8Z_uDHl-BZ019dOGRhqFr4k8oLogT6hQeduX7?key=VGxpaFZIejZYb2dNVTRrdUNoZkdfTkRVTmMyVVVR

MP6t2naxUZTQtMLrZJKJvwGesEXyjwYapGeUgz9a6kNbGndbSqFC-YmURDLQBui_RaHzdhfkx7w5t9_7VJbCq-L5UDAau7cinBKifXOL2R1Agg3dLEDrCWhTgsOzbwV8-AP_UEsU-di2-75D-CuBeYOGrUJ3ZKRbyvi6zNkwLE-jIMj-lC3YTDXY82xg9KZXMhNUJCNNEdHwWK6qn7VKm9WFe24QCtjXp-XlS16jNPLGCB2cRPPKCnNFmz_TxJ7vDQeFJbGU50LffHVQvqDuwFaLfJ2eRGYHK7Te4c336IRqEjB6JgkQfudyKZCLL2dNI0UTEb5O9dEy-9GivzOFJd16GXQPEU__9voApqIOpN1WgES40ghB1O_zed9kij7qdzI7ZHPtve0PLl3GQ36UHey5P1xcvn4Y_h3QqSsHQifBaYDbe4BBk9WWUor7LbTX7BG1JQ3QC7eZXuk4UijDXXA4g5XPadMFyWUcZGYX8Wqw0IkrxbSK6aQ3dfaFarpK18p5IPa_yfosTzYNCKg-Rvj6wo4ejGEPHGm3EjZhIplYcusTPp-tAI0etMMyNEOIC71qCZ2DMbptue0Hu9j5GZ7NW4vOb5A6ZztfrqdQ4wMqpzfBAsh0rhB4_UPbSQtcPkUWDqWUmT-ejdJ-q-58XTXDSUZw58C9cETavDbMf4PbXA=w1049-h591-no

Above is a picture of me on the Lido deck with a picture taken from our balcony so people can definitely look directly down onto your balcony but we didn't really notice it too much. I also can't recall there being any noise really or being able to hear the people above and definitely no noise from the tables and chairs being moved around. Hope this helps. I have looked into booking the same cabins on the Riviera deck as they would provide more privacy and have a similar sized balcony to these.