If I buy a boxed key lime pie while in port, can I bring it back on the ship?

Secretlyfi

Seems like a silly question, as this is probably a common purchase in KW. But I've read warnings about bringing food off & on the ship. Does that apply to a boxed pie? Also do you think the ship's cabin "fridge" (which I've heard is more of a cooler) would it keep it fresh for a few days? Going on Brilliance of the Seas. Thanks

I was on a RCCL cruise once and made a purchase at a bakery in town. I didn't try to hide it and when I arrived back to the ship they told me I could go back outside in the rain and eat my purchase or throw it away. I had been on other cruise lines before and there was no problem bringing food back on board. I did see others bringing food back on board with no problems but they had hidden theirs in a bag. I am not sure I would try it.

Actually, the post above is right about the shipping being more than the cost of the pie. I did a mock order just now and the pie was $38.95 and the overnight shipping was an additional $43.67. So the total order in the cart is showing $82.62. Not gonna happen!!

Also, the cost of the pie purchased at the store is only about $20. They nearly double the cost to ship it - and that doesn't include the cost of Fed Ex shipping, which more than doubles the total. So, total cost of shipping about 3X the cost of the pie. The costs do go down a bit if you ship more than one (I found it was cheapest, per pie, to ship 3). But, the shipping cost is really high.

Edited by RB Bonzo

• 1 month later...
We're considering eating a great brunch at Firefly's in KW and have thought of bringing a boxed pulled pork sandwich back on the Silhouette. Can we do that? Thanks!

You can take food onto the ship just not OFF the ship.

Mike:)

Super easy to make and taste wonderful..... just be sure to use Nellie and Joe's juice... I find it in my local grocery stores...

Nellie & Joe’s Key Lime Pie

• 9″ graham cracker pie crust
  • 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 egg yolks (whites not used)
  • ½ cup Nellie & Joe’s Key West Lime Juice

Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream, or meringue, and garnish with lime slices.