When Can We Board if the Ship Overnights at the Start of the Cruise

donaldsc

We are doing the 3 October Quest cruise out of Venice. The ship overnights in Venice on 3 October and we have a full day in Venice on 4 October before it departs Venice. We normally board a ship about 12:00 or so so that we have as much time on the ship. However, if we do it on this day, it breaks up a full day in Venice on 3 October. How late can we board on 3 October?

DON

Wondering the same. We start with an overnight in Nice on May 29th. I would like to drop my bags off and then go out and enjoy nice. Will that be possible or do you have to remain onboard for the muster drill?

Here's what Hotel Director Philip responded:

Hi Bonnie,

There really is no restriction as to what time guests can board on the 3rd. I would recommend though getting to the ship before 10pm. It would also be helpful to know the names of the guests just so we know to expect them later.

Thanks a lot.

Philip

Wondering the same. We start with an overnight in Nice on May 29th. I would like to drop my bags off and then go out and enjoy nice. Will that be possible or do you have to remain onboard for the muster drill?

The muster is undoubtedly on the second day right before the sailaway.

Hi Bonnie,

There really is no restriction as to what time guests can board on the 3rd. I would recommend though getting to the ship before 10pm. It would also be helpful to know the names of the guests just so we know to expect them later.

Thanks a lot.

Philip

Many thanks.

DON

We are also on this cruise and wondering when we can board. For us though, the question is how early as we will need to leave our apartment the morning of October 3rd.

Bonnie - Can you advise how early we can board? We realize our cabin most like won't be ready, but how early could we drop off luggage and then head back into Venice?

Azamara is very accommodating to guest requirements, to include boarding. We had to board Quest after 8PM in Leith on a similar overnight situation following an all day tour to the Scottish southeast and hardpan's Wall. We informed the ship of our expected late arrival and check-in prior to arriving Leith. Several local agents were still present, we passed through immigration and by the time we arrived at our stateroom the bags had been delivered.

Early checkin likely works subject to Italian immigration and customs which Azamara doesn't control. That said, for this cruise (we are also quests) we may be able to in-process and clear customs/immigration in the morning since guests will be departing and requiring those services. This would enable luggage to be given to Quest personnel in the customs house and taken to cabins permitting guests to return to Venice sightseeing. We have booked a hotel in Accademia on a cali an easy walk to the vaporetto stop one stop from the San Basilio stop - hopefully an easy no-bridge bag drag.

Maybe Quest can inform us of an option/time to check-in and drop luggage in the AM to permit a near full day of touring Venice.

Thanks Bonnie. Just wanting to drop off our luggage and be on our way.

How exactly do we do that? Simply go through the regular drop off routine, then come back later and actually check in, get our room keys, etc?

Would like to take advantage of every moment in Venice on the 3rd and not have to rush back to the ship for muster.

We recently sailed the Journey which had an overnight in Sydney. The 'obligatory' muster was scheduled at 5pm on embarkation day (i.e. before the in-port overnight). We had on-shore arrangements already planned that day and were unable to get back to the ship on time. Missing the muster is no problem at all. Azamara scheduled a make-up class the following day to cover off those who didn't attend the first one. There were probably 20+ pax at the second one.

By all means, take advantage of the day & evening in Venice, and attend muster the following day.

We recently sailed the Journey which had an overnight in Sydney. The 'obligatory' muster was scheduled at 5pm on embarkation day (i.e. before the in-port overnight). We had on-shore arrangements already planned that day and were unable to get back to the ship on time. Missing the muster is no problem at all. Azamara scheduled a make-up class the following day to cover off those who didn't attend the first one. There were probably 20+ pax at the second one.

By all means, take advantage of the day & evening in Venice, and attend muster the following day.

Similar experience on Quest in Leith. The ship was very accommodating to those of us not "mustering" on the first day, and there were many since it was during the British Open golf tournament at St Andrews.

Best option is to email the ship several weeks in advance to let them know you will be embarking outside "normal" embarkation hours.

Hopefully Quest will establish and announce early luggage drop-off options to accommodate those of us who want to tour Venice afternoon of 3 September.

• 4 months later...

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks a lot.

Philip

This will not be a problem. However, can you give me an e-mail address to use so that I can contact the ship. I can't find one on your WEB site.

One respondent suggested contacting the ship a few weeks before the cruise. Again, I need a contact address.

If it helps, I can put our names and our booking number in an e-mail.

Don

This will not be a problem. However, can you give me an e-mail address to use so that I can contact the ship. I can't find one on your WEB site.

One respondent suggested contacting the ship a few weeks before the cruise. Again, I need a contact address.

If it helps, I can put our names and our booking number in an e-mail.

Don

Hi Don,

The best way is to email our Customer Service and we will inform the ship accordingly and note it in your booking. The address is AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Hi Don,

There is also a place in our new online check-in form where you specify the date, your time of arrival and mode of arrival to the ship.

That information will be relayed to the ship. But if you should change your expected arrival time, you can always call or email our Azamara Customer Service.