Ncl private ferry to st. George from dockyard

Maraprince

Has the private NCL ferry from the Dockyard to St. George started operating?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Someone is posting live from Dawn and I asked the same question. They are going to look into it. They did say they heard it is supposed to start May 10th, but are going to post once they can confirm that.

I believe the original article had stated that service would start in July but maybe they got it up faster than that.

At first they said July. Then there was an article that said they were trying to lease a ferry to begin service in May.

Thanks for the responses! We leave from NYC on 5/14 so maybe by the time we arrive in Bermuda it will be running.

We already booked one ship excursion that will take us around Bermuda on day one and plan to go to St. George on our second day. Since we will be on the Breakaway, if NCL's ferry is running, it may be easier than the local ferry.

Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

MARAPRINCE

Thanks for the responses! We leave from NYC on 5/14 so maybe by the time we arrive in Bermuda it will be running.

We already booked one ship excursion that will take us around Bermuda on day one and plan to go to St. George on our second day. Since we will be on the Breakaway, if NCL's ferry is running, it may be easier than the local ferry.

Keeping my fingers crossed.:D

MARAPRINCE

Check out this review. The OP went and spoke to the Shore Excursions Manager who said he was briefed on the ferry today. It is going to be free for NCL passengers and should start next week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2495609

• 2 months later...

reference Ferry in Bermuda,

Hi, I was on the Breakaway in June 2017 and used the ferry over to St. Georges...it was parked on the left berth (facing the water from the dockyard- the deep water berth) the Dawn parks on the right side when larger ships are moored i believe...so I hope any NCL ship docked is able to use it... it was so nice to just walk out of terminal and get aboard.

very very nice.

Does anyone know if this private ferry will be the same rates as the regular ferry or complimentary and funded by NCL (one can dream)?

When we were there (7-16 to 7-23 cruise) - it was complimentary. We were there the first day of operation after the breakdown so I had already bought tokens the first morning. Used them for Hamilton and gave the others to a favorite bartender.

• 3 weeks later...
Where does the NCL ferry drop you off in St. George?

Looking to see how close to Fort St. Catherine and Tobacco beach.

Read about a shuttle from town but not sure if it will be running in Sept.

How much would a taxi be?

Check map below. The ferry docks are located in the lower left corner of map. Tobacco Bay and Fort St Catherine are towards the upper left corner of the map. The blue dots represent a walking route which include other sites. The distance from King's Square to TB is about .6 mile, a little longer from the ferry docks and is walkable.

enhance

SBtS

Check map below. The ferry docks are located in the lower left corner of map. Tobacco Bay and Fort St Catherine are towards the upper left corner of the map. The blue dots represent a walking route which include other sites. The distance from King's Square to TB is about .6 mile, a little longer from the ferry docks and is walkable.

enhance

SBtS

Thanks.. so the shuttle I read about is not running then?

Where does the NCL ferry drop you off in St. George?

Looking to see how close to Fort St. Catherine and Tobacco beach.

Read about a shuttle from town but not sure if it will be running in Sept.

How much would a taxi be?

2 weeks ago taxi was $3pp from ferry dock to fort, spent the rest of the day at St Catherine beach, cab driver returned at our agreed time and took us back to ferry, again $3pp.