TAXIS in Tahiti

luv_cruisin33

there are THREE of us traveling. anyone know if the taxi's are large enough for 3 people and 3 large pieces of luggage? I was told it is about 2000 for two people...does it cost more for the 3rd person??? How long did you wait at the airport for a taxi to take you to IC? We get in at 5:30AM so thinking it won't be too busy

there are THREE of us traveling. anyone know if the taxi's are large enough for 3 people and 3 large pieces of luggage? I was told it is about 2000 for two people...does it cost more for the 3rd person??? How long did you wait at the airport for a taxi to take you to IC? We get in at 5:30AM so thinking it won't be too busy

Lots of taxi's

They might get you for a few extra bucks but the taxi's are usually large enough for the 3 of you.

Remember the fares are higher prior to sunrise.

We are traveling together as 4 adults with luggage. What are your best suggestions for getting from airport to Ferry Dock. We are staying pre cruise in Moorea. Are there taxi's to take 4 or should we arrange private transfer. If private, who do you recommend in Tahiti?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the airport in Tahiti would suggest you just exit and take a taxi. There are vans available usually. If necessary take two taxis shouldnt be too expensive.

At Moorea it is necessary to prearrange your transfer. There are a limited number of taxis as the number is heavily regulated. Your hotel can arrange the transfer or your TA. Or you could book with Albert.

At the airport in Tahiti would suggest you just exit and take a taxi. There are vans available usually. If necessary take two taxis shouldnt be too expensive.

At Moorea it is necessary to prearrange your transfer. There are a limited number of taxis as the number is heavily regulated. Your hotel can arrange the transfer or your TA. Or you could book with Albert.

Thanks Emdee,

We have already pre arranged our transfer with Alberts to meet us at Dock in Moorea to get to our Hotel.

Was unsure if there were Taxi's at airport in Tahiti to accommodate 4 adults, would prefer to stay together if possible. Are the taxi's metered or a fixed rate from airport to Ferry Dock.

Any idea of approximate cost?

Our flight arrives at 5:30A. What would be a reasonable time to get thru customs, get taxi and get to Ferry Dock. Was looking at possibly pre purchasing our Arameti or Teraveau tickets on line, just not sure of what departure time to select.

Thanks Again....

We (4 adults) arrive in 2 weeks at the same time. You should get to the taxi line in about 1 hour from when you get off the plane. I would not bother to pre purchase a ferry ticket, it is not necessary. The last time we came in early we hung around the airport for about 45 minute simply because we were so early that there would have been a surcharge prior to 6:00 am. We took a taxi a few minutes after 6. No meter, it is a fixed rate. Drive time to the ferry is about 15 minutes.

We are also using Albert's on Moorea. You have to select a ferry time in order for Albert's to meet you.

We (4 adults) arrive in 2 weeks at the same time. You should get to the taxi line in about 1 hour from when you get off the plane. I would not bother to pre purchase a ferry ticket, it is not necessary. The last time we came in early we hung around the airport for about 45 minute simply because we were so early that there would have been a surcharge prior to 6:00 am. We took a taxi a few minutes after 6. No meter, it is a fixed rate. Drive time to the ferry is about 15 minutes.

We are also using Albert's on Moorea. You have to select a ferry time in order for Albert's to meet you.

Thanks.... Do you recommend Arrameti or Teraveau Ferry as far as times?

Thanks.... Do you recommend Arrameti or Teraveau Ferry as far as times?

What ever works best for you the Aremiti 5 and the Teraveau are quicker than the old Arametti.2 which is larger and carries larger trucks and cargo.

At the airport go after 6 am as some suggested for best price. There usually are a handful of small vans in with the regular cars for taxi service. As you get in line usually there is a person sort of organizing which taxi to whom. Make your request for a van there so all of you can be together. If no van is available take 2 regular taxi. Cost for a regular taxi after 6 am to the ferry is about $20 USD

What ever works best for you the Aremiti 5 and the Teraveau are quicker than the old Arametti.2 which is larger and carries larger trucks and cargo.

At the airport go after 6 am as some suggested for best price. There usually are a handful of small vans in with the regular cars for taxi service. As you get in line usually there is a person sort of organizing which taxi to whom. Make your request for a van there so all of you can be together. If no van is available take 2 regular taxi. Cost for a regular taxi after 6 am to the ferry is about $20 USD

Thanks Tahitian for the valuable info.

I think with our plane not arriving until 5:30a, it will definitely be past 6A before we are ready to taxi.

Will the taxi and ferry want local currency or USD?

I was wondering if we're on the same flight, BP, and checking I see that our AF flight arrives at 5:20 a.m., 076 on the 4th. I think I had figured out that the Terevau departure times would suit us best, at 8:10 a.m.

Maybe we'll see you in the departure lounge.

Thanks Tahitian for the valuable info.

I think with our plane not arriving until 5:30a, it will definitely be past 6A before we are ready to taxi.

Will the taxi and ferry want local currency or USD?

I've paid with USD for the taxi ........ just confirm the amount prior to loading your bags. Sometimes they will take advantage of the exchange rate but right now it's 104.5 to 1, if they give you 100 to 1 take it, no big deal.

I was wondering if we're on the same flight, BP, and checking I see that our AF flight arrives at 5:20 a.m., 076 on the 4th. I think I had figured out that the Terevau departure times would suit us best, at 8:10 a.m.

Maybe we'll see you in the departure lounge.

Yes, Wendy we fly out of LAX at 11:55p on AF on 10/3 arriving into Papeete at 5:20A. I believe there is only 1 AF flight to Papeete on 10/3 so probably on same flight. Don't have my flight info with me at present.

We are on the AF 7:30am flight on 10/18 and overnighting in LAX near the airport before flying home on 10/19.

I am sure we will see you in the AF Business lounge at LAX or at the departure gate.

There may be others as well from our cruise on same flight.

Edited by BPCruiser

I'm hoping LAX has a currency exchange w CPFs, hopefully near ATN terminal. Any info on that?

We have never used currency exchange centers in airports as I thought they typically give poor exchange rate. We usually pre order some foreign currency from our local bank and then supplement ATM machines as needed.

Tahitian or Emdee, can you comment on the ATM machines at the Papeete airport. Are they conveniently located and exchange rate acceptable?

We have never used currency exchange centers in airports as I thought they typically give poor exchange rate. We usually pre order some foreign currency from our local bank and then supplement ATM machines as needed.

Tahitian or Emdee, can you comment on the ATM machines at the Papeete airport. Are they conveniently located and exchange rate acceptable?

Don't do it at LAX ....... very bad conversion rate plus a transaction fee.

The ATM at the PPT airport is to your right when leaving customs. See attachments ...

PPT airport.pdf

Aremiti Moorea ferry.pdf

Terevau Moorea Ferry.pdf

Flying LAX to Tahiti.pdf

Around the ship dock area of Papeete.pdf

I was thinking I'd like the security of at least some CPFs. But if taxis take USD, and the ferry to moorea a credit card, I can relax after that.

Tbk is the awesome once again. But at least in some areas, never been to ppt, arrival airport atms can set one up for trouble. Or if they r like my local bank, they can go offline or run out of cash at any tine. I'd gladly change 100USD at LAX to avoid a taxi isdue, etc. Just my well travelled, but not in fp pov.