Brought Back: Amex Offer: Spend $500 on Booking, Get $100 Credit

Used this promotion on my last cruise with Holland, and I went back to see the offer page again to see if it was brought back.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

"Get a $100 statement credit after you use your enrolled American Express® Card to spend $500 or more booking a cruise with Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard or Seabourn between July 5, 2017, and December 31, 2017. "

The offer is not available yet on my card, but I'm assuming it will be available on the 5th. The previous dates on the last offer were until the 14th of April 2017.

I'll keep you posted when the 5th comes along. :cool:

It seems like it is worded such that paying down a previously made booking won't get there benefit.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It seems like it is worded such that paying down a previously made booking won't get there benefit.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I used it on a previous booking and still got the credit on the last offer :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone move a cruise to a TA after using this offer? My concern is that doing so looks like a cancellation and new booking to Amex and therefore allows them to come back months later and withdraw the bonus.

Keep in mind that you have to add the offer to your card, first, then apply the charge. So you don't have to guess whether it works with a Canadian Amex card: just check to see whether you can add the offer to your card.

Keep in mind that you have to add the offer to your card, first, then apply the charge. So you don't have to guess whether it works with a Canadian Amex card: just check to see whether you can add the offer to your card.

Good thinking! Thanks.

We'll try adding it after July 5th.

I checked our Amex cards this morning and the offer is now available (at least it is on our cards).

I have the pesky Delta card, so waiting for the link if someone can post it. Chat was no help to me and said my card wasn't eligible when the T&C say "An "eligible Card" means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express". I'm going to play the game "I keep clicking add to my card and it's not working" and see if that helps.

Oh well. Cancelling the card anyways before renewal. Wish my Sapphire Reserve had these offers :(.

Ohhh, try this http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/amex.html

ETA Well, it is the offer, but not a way to add to the card.

Last time the offer was available, someone was able to get an Amex website link from an Amex customer rep that would allow you make the offer available to your card. I'm hearing (on another CC board) that people are trying that again this time but are being told by Amex that if it's not already available to your card, there is no way to make it available by other means (e.g. a separate web site link). :(

But earlier in this thread or in other related threads some posters have relayed that as long as it's a $500 or more charge from the cruise line itself the cashback is given without regard to when the booking was made. Based on those assurances I think it's worth a shot for me at least. I'm going to have to pay down the balance anyway. I might as well try to get 20% off at the same time. But if I had two credit cards that I could do this with I probably would try one and see if it worked before I tried the other.

T&C says only valid on bookings made after July 5 and for bookings made directly with the cruise line.

Actually, it states "through your travel professional" an acceptable booking entity which is TA's.

Also, as many found out the last time this offer came around (including me), you can use it against an existing booking (made prior to the stated date). In fact, I think someone on another CC board reported they had already used it today on an existing booking and got the Amex email response that the offer had been redeemed and to be on the lookout for the $100 credit.

I added this offer to both DH's and my AMEX cards when it became available on July 5. It is really the same account since I added DH to my account a while back, but he has his own account number and log in info. We made a payment towards our previously booked cruise on Koningsdam on Friday July 7. We made the payment on the website of the big online TA we had booked the cruise through. The $500 payment showed up on my AMEX statement on Sunday July 9, and the $100 statement credit showed up on my statement on Monday July 10. My payment records to HAL show that I made a $500 payment to them . My AMEX bill is for $400!

The last time this offer was available, I thought it sounded too good to be true. I decided that since I was planning to make a payment on our cruise anyway that I'd give it a try. Figured I had nothing to lose. I was able to use both of our cards and get the statement credit on both of them. After DH's payment, our Koningsdam cruise balance due is now under $500, so I plan to use my card for a payment on the Caribbean Princess cruise we have booked.