Live from the First "Oprah Cruise" on Holland America: 5 Highlights That Will Inspire

LauraS

Quite the opposite, now I know to avoid those four cruises. and hope that HAL has not determined that O's programs will be liked on all of HAL's cruises. Could be worse, think of O.J. Themed cruises.

If you do find yourself on board one of her cruises, you do have the option not to participate in any of her activities. No, I would not book a cruise just because she was on it. To each their own.

Allan

I've never watched Oprah or followed her but I've read some of the books from her book club and they've been pretty good across the board; the featured author is an exceptional writer.

If I booked an Oprah cruise it would not particularly be to participate; rather it would be because I would know that the Oprah haters would not be aboard.

I've never watched Oprah or followed her but I've read some of the books from her book club and they've been pretty good across the board; the featured author is an exceptional writer.

If I booked an Oprah cruise it would not particularly be to participate; rather it would be because I would know that the Oprah haters would not be aboard.

Precisely. Well put.

Where do all these strong negative feelings come from? There's plenty of room on a ship....

Quite the opposite, now I know to avoid those four cruises. and hope that HAL has not determined that O's programs will be liked on all of HAL's cruises. Could be worse, think of O.J. Themed cruises.

Agree... the last thing I want on a cruise is some celebrity

• 2 weeks later...
Agree... the last thing I want on a cruise is some celebrity

For the millennium cruise aboard the Maasdam, we had star of stage and screen Red Buttons, most famous for being one of the few survivors of The Poseidon Adventure in which A CRUISE SHIP IS STRUCK BY A TSUNAMI.

• 2 weeks later...
If you do find yourself on board one of her cruises, you do have the option not to participate in any of her activities. No, I would not book a cruise just because she was on it. To each their own.

Allan

You are surrounded by people who love Oprah and the whole ship will be infused with Oprah this and Oprah that. No, you won't have the option not to participate.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure HAL is getting much out of this deal. I was waiting for an appointment this week and saw O Magazine for August. I thought maybe there would be something about her cruise (didn't she go in July?), so I looked through it. All I saw was a page way in the back that looked like 3 short articles, but when you read them, it was clear that they were disguised advertisements. There was a blurb for HAL and the O-related things on the O-themed cruises.

I'm not sure HAL is getting much out of this deal. I was waiting for an appointment this week and saw O Magazine for August. I thought maybe there would be something about her cruise (didn't she go in July?), so I looked through it. All I saw was a page way in the back that looked like 3 short articles, but when you read them, it was clear that they were disguised advertisements. There was a blurb for HAL and the O-related things on the O-themed cruises.

The way magazines seem to be put together these days, an August edition may be too soon to have something from a July cruise, though.

I would check for September, or even later, if I were interested in looking for something about her July cruise.