Bringing a Yukulele on the ship?

kitegirl

Going on the Star Princess April 10 2018.. (Vancouver to Hawaii return) and we would really like to join the lessons for the yukulele .... Do you know what type is the best to play as there is a wonderful store near by that we are going to visit tomorrow and perhaps buy 2 to play on board....

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks..

Based on the schedule Elua posted they will not be on your cruise but they're sailing the Star from LA in April 2018.

I'd recommend using this FB contact information for Tiki Dave to inquire about type & availability because he would be your source for accurate information.

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/daveshellymusic

Im happy again.. i just re read the schedule and she had made a mistake.. she is for sure on the Vancouver sailing to Hawaii April 10th... cannot wait to celebrate our honeymoon ... got married last Saturday....

Thanks so much Astro.... i thought they were on our ship when i saw the schedule about a month ago... oh well...

Im happy again.. i just re read the schedule and she had made a mistake.. she is for sure on the Vancouver sailing to Hawaii April 10th... cannot wait to celebrate our honeymoon ... got married last Saturday....

That's great & I based my information on Dave's 6/12/17 post with this schedule which originally showed the 4/10/18 cruises from LA...have a great Aloha Spirit Program experience with Elua! :cool:

I'll correct his typo before posting Elua's schedule again. ;)

Aloha Kakou!

It's that time of year where we post our schedule for the coming Hawaiian season. We just received our assignments and are pleased that once again, Princess has seen fit fit to assign us to the Star Princess. We are marking our 12th year with Princess, and can think of no better way then to bring Hawaiian culture to our guests. Please note that besides the dates below, we do now know of any other assignments. Leialoha and I hope to see many of you onboard, both the first timers to the islands, and our veteran cruisers who we see each and every season. Here are the dates:

September 23, 2017 Star Princess Vancouver, BC

October 25, 2017 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

November 14, 2017 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

December 19, 2017 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

January 3, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

January 18, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

February 2, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

February 17, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

March 4, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

March 19, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

April 10, 2018 Star Princess Los Angeles, Ca

November 4-18, 2018 Coral Princess Guam-Los Angeles, Ca

As always, we are deeply thankful that so many of you have expressed an interest in scheduling your cruises based on our schedule. But please know that if you choose a different ship then the Star to go to Hawaii on, there will be a cultural enrichment program, led by some truly gifted and wonderful Hawaiian Ambassadors. That being said, we look forward to seeing many of you in the coming season, and sharing our beautiful islands with all of you.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/daveshellymusic

On the Grand last fall (with Brian and Rowena) they had dozens of ukuleles available for the lessons. The Wheelhouse Bar was filled to capacity and everyone had a ukulele. (It pays to get there early if you want a seat, though it looks like they had them in Vista Lounge this spring on the Grand, which sounds much more comfortable.)

Can't imagine it would be much different on the Star. The plus of bringing your own is that you'd get to practice between lessons.

Aloha Kakou!

First of all, my apologies, (e kala mai) for the small mistake in the schedule I posted. The April 10, 2018 cruise should be listed as out of Vancouver. In my excitement to get the schedule up, I made a small error.

As far as ukulele, it is always best to bring one if you have it. We are limited to about 60 ukulele on the ship, and although that may seem like a lot, they get spoken for rather quickly. Also, as pointed out, if you have one with you, you can have something to practice with between classes.

If you don't bring one, it is usually best to get to the first class a bit early. Maybe 30 minutes before to ensure a place.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(Of Elua)

http://Www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://Www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

So happy.. we bought 2 new yukulels yesterday .. Mine is blue and hubby is more a red wood colour. They are Mahalo brand and soprano type. They are so light weight and I have them both tuned. bought a Snark tuner and once i figured out how to work it it was really easy to use.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in class and we will get there early as we both are disabled and cannot stand at all....

So happy.. we bought 2 new yukulels yesterday .. Mine is blue and hubby is more a red wood colour. They are Mahalo brand and soprano type. They are so light weight and I have them both tuned. bought a Snark tuner and once i figured out how to work it it was really easy to use.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in class and we will get there early as we both are disabled and cannot stand at all....

A note of caution from a ukulele teacher who travels with a uke to different locations to teach...do NOT pack the uke in your luggage. It will arrive in a few pieces. I'm hoping you got cases for them and are planning on carrying them with you. Have fun with them....

A note of caution from a ukulele teacher who travels with a uke to different locations to teach...do NOT pack the uke in your luggage. It will arrive in a few pieces. I'm hoping you got cases for them and are planning on carrying them with you. Have fun with them....

Thanks for the heads up... we have soft cases for them and as we live in Vancouver no plane travel is involved. I hope they will fit in my walker basket or in a backpack as we walk on the ship....