Recommendations for the best luau in Honolulu

irismike

Can anybody tell me if they did Germaines luau or Polynesian Cultural Center. Any recommendations which one is better and if you did go on either of these, did you do private excursion or through RCCL. Thanks.:)

PCC usually gets the nod for best show, Paradise Cove is considered to have better food and serves alcohol (PCC does not serve alcohol).

Chief's Luau has been getting a lot of positive buzz these days and Hale Koa is my favorite, but you might need DoD credentials to book there. I am not sure the current policies.

Germaine's is well down the list from where they once were.

We're going to Germaine's next Friday, I can let you know how it went okay . We are staying in Honolulu precruise then getting on the POA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also considering germaines would appreciate your review

For anyone lucky enough to be on Oahu this weekend, here is the best luau on the island and a real deal luau.

Lili'uokalani Protestant Church

If you are NOT on island this weekend, check TripAdvisor Oahu. There are often topics on church luaus (which are the best!) and church fundraisers like lau lau sales, carnivals, etc.

My vote is for Paradise Cove. We were there Oct of 2016. The show was just great and the food was excellent . Watching the sunset from that location was great. They do Hawaii games which the kids and everyone else just loved doing. They do serve drinks. We took a taxi from Pearl Harbor, which was 80 dollars and about 45 minutes.

frank

I know this isn't on your list, but we loved the Chief's Luau at SeaLife Park. You can arrange to have them come pick you up. The activities beforehand were good (I made a ti leaf crown for myself :)), the food was good, the drinks were good, the entertainment was fantastic. The Chief was very personable and said good-bye to everyone as they left. It wasn't a huge crowd like I've heard some luaus are. Maybe 150 people max? No huge line at the buffet. You can read my review on Tripadvisor. We felt like we were guests at the Chief's family party.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing Pride of America next year. We have a few days in Honolulu first. We are also looking for a good luau. We considered Chiefs but would have to do it on a Friday and we were told there was beach fireworks on Fridays so we kind of wanted to take advantage of that.

Any suggestions for Maui or Kauai? We have overnights there so we could do one at either stop.

Salem615' date=' don't miss a luau if that is what you really want to do. Fireworks on Fridays in Waikiki aren't worth changing any plans. Fireworks last 5 minutes, at the most.[/quote']

We would do a luau in Maui or in Kauai if we do not do one in Waikiki. We just need suggestions as to which one is the best.

We would do a luau in Maui or in Kauai if we do not do one in Waikiki. We just need suggestions as to which one is the best.

We just did Smiths in kauai last night and recommend it. The food and show were both good. We had done PCC while in Waikiki and didn't feel that luau was as good. The food their was not that great. It was also very crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sailing Pride of America next year. We have a few days in Honolulu first. We are also looking for a good luau. We considered Chiefs but would have to do it on a Friday and we were told there was beach fireworks on Fridays so we kind of wanted to take advantage of that.

Chief's Luau is well regarded and the HHV fireworks are no great shakes. I would not skip anything to see them and would not arrange anything special around them.

Old Lahaina Luau is one of the best regarded luaus in all the islands. While PCC has the great entertainment, the food is mediocre. OLL is a nice combo of good on both accounts.

Smith's Luau on Kauai is nice too.