Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels and War Remnants Museum

MSPCUBS

We will be on a Norwegian cruise in March. We will be docked at Phu My for Ho Chi Minh City from 7 am to 9 pm. We are looking to see both the Cu Chi Tunnels and the War Remnants Museum. Is it possible to do both? is there a good tour company we can contact?

Thank yo for any info.

Hi MSFCUBS:

A few threads done you will see people that have taken the Tour with Xuan. The thread is titled "Ho Chi Minh City With Xuan".

He is a fabulous private tour guide!

This is the link to the tour that includes all the things you want to do which includes Ho Chi Minh City,

Chi Chi Tunnels, the War Remnants Museum and more.

http://www.tourwithxuan.com/tunnels--city.html

He can personalize your tour to exactly what you want to do and see. He is very accommodating to any requests you have.

He writes a very detailed blog of a similar tour that you want to do on his website.

Xuan also has you tube videos with a link from his website showing his tours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyjB_JzwCXQ_KldqQlnrDA

Touring with Xuan will be one of the highlights of your cruise! My husband and I thought he was an amazing person- so knowledgeable and so much fun to be with!

We spent several days in Saigon last Feb. we very much enjoyed the Chi Chi tour and the war museum.

I think that both are easily done in a day. You could even include a tour of the city. We took a half day tour from Saigon to the tunnels. They were fascinating and our guide was wonderful. Plus an unwanted stop at a workshop where generations of Agent Orange victims produced and sold various handicrafts. So, if you cut out that stop on a custom tour you would have lots of time. We spent a month touring Vietnam independently and enjoyed every minute of it. Hope that you have a wonderful time. The museum provides an entirely different view of the conflict.

I would recommend that you get off the ship sharpish, as early as possible, and allow extra time for getting back to the ship. There can always be traffic issues.

Edited by iancal