Luggage size

gigi65

Is there a size restriction of luggage for carry on? Daughter family will be traveling with 2 small children. and she was inquiring if there can be one regular size suitcase or is it similar to carry on bag like airline travel? Thanks in advance, I have never cruised on Disney and I clearly have forgotten what its like to travel with small children.... :;)

See below for actual numbers. They say each passabger can have 2 checked bags, and one carry on bags. So (assuming the two kids are big enough to carry stuff , 3 carry on bags.)

Couple things to think about though for your daughter:

1: when do they plan on embarking the ship? They can board around 11 if memory serves me right, however, they blocked off the rooms until 1:30, so unless you go later, your stuck holding your luggage...

2. Checked bags. They will deliver to your door sometime on day 1. So any toys or must haves for the kids should be put in carry on. Same goes for medicine, glasses/contact lenses/solution, and swim suits. (My wife and I packed an extra set of clothes, and bathing suits in carry on)

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/pieces-luggage-allowed-per-person-disney-cruise-matter-125785/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The size of the checked bags if you take the same as what an airline will check in. I use a big dive bag that an airline will take (only just before they charge extra for the size) and Disney have taken it no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only requirement for the size of your "carry on" bag is that it must fit thru the scanner. That's a lot bigger than what the airlines allow in their overhead bins...but in fairness, I've never measured the max size. I do know that a medium size suitcase will fit. As noted, unless you are in concierge, you'll have to carry/roll whatever bags you bring on board till 1:30 when you'll be allowed into your cabin. That's not as bad as it sounds. We board and go to the restaurant that is serving lunch. We can place the bags under the table while we eat. By the time lunch is over, it is nearly time for the cabins to be open.

We've had checked luggage arrive as early as 2 and as late as 5. Be sure that everything you need between boarding and 5pm is in your carry ons.

A 2011 Contract says guests can bring two suitcases per person on board plus a carry-on bag which can not exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. This is generally the same size allowed by airlines, as the bags have to fit through the x-ray machines as you enter the terminal. Updated contracts do not show these limits.

As for checked bags, we have brought 29" suitcases with no problem.

A 2011 Contract says guests can bring two suitcases per person on board plus a carry-on bag which can not exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. This is generally the same size allowed by airlines, as the bags have to fit through the x-ray machines as you enter the terminal. Updated contracts do not show these limits.

As for checked bags, we have brought 29" suitcases with no problem.

As you noted, the size limits no longer appear on the contracts and were not enforced when they were printed. I have taken a full size suitcase containing necessary medical equipment thru the scanners as carry on luggage (I won't check this--I've seen how they handle checked luggage!) I'd call it a medium suitcase. nothing was said and I didn't volunteer that it was mostly medical stuff. The only limit enforced on carry on bags is that they must fit thru the scanner.

I've never seen a size limit on checked bags.

We have taken a full sized suitcase as a single carry on for the entire family and have not had any issues.

Also, only pack things you need (medication, bathing suits, ect) in the carry on, and check everything else. If you have more then the 2 bags per person, the curb side porters will print additional tags right there.