Caribbean Princess On Demand TV?

Pzazzz

We are sailing the Caribbean Princess in December and wonder if she has on demand TV like the Regal and Royal or still the old tv sets? I know she was upgraded and cannot find anything about on demand TV. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently cruised on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and it had the demand tv. What a great upgrade to the cabin. I hope all ships have this soon.

I'll be sailing on the Grand soon and it still has the old tv's that barely work at all. It's going to be a let down from the new interactive systems.

I recently cruised on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and it had the demand tv. What a great upgrade to the cabin. I hope all ships have this soon.

I'll be sailing on the Grand soon and it still has the old tv's that barely work at all. It's going to be a let down from the new interactive systems.

They retrofitted the Sapphire and Diamond with the new on demand system in 2014.

Other than the 3 new ships Royal/Regal/Majestic I don't believe any other ships are currently being upgraded.

Does anyone know if the TVs on the Coral have USB media outlet that allows you to plug in a thumb drive loaded with TV shows/movies?

The TV can't play movies directly from a thumb drive. You'll have to have a tablet, phone or DVD player with a USB TV output in order to view them.

Ah, a bit more work. I guess just uploading some things to watch on the iPad is our best bet.

Unfortunately it's the only thing to do since they don't have smart TV's. I have a unit that connects to the TV with a hard drive or thumb drive loaded with my movies.

Good luck.

They retrofitted the Sapphire and Diamond with the new on demand system in 2014.

Other than the 3 new ships Royal/Regal/Majestic I don't believe any other ships are currently being upgraded.

From the info being put out in regard to the Medallion it certainly sounds as if Caribbean Princess will get a new television system when they implement the Medallion in March 2018.