2019 Journey sailings

uktog

wonder if they are redoing all of winter. my booklet from spring says Carribbean, Panama canal, Mexico and up to NYC to do the crossig. anything could change as always.Mia and LA are the prime ports and the rest could change weekly.

Journey's January 14 cruise from Singapore to Bali still comes up for me. Also January 21.

Yes, it is only a short dry dock in 2018 if you look there is no cruise after the Christmas cruise as the ship goes to dry dock in Singapore, no change there. My thread was about 2019

Lucky escape, we had seriously considered one of the Panama transit cruises, in the end decided to try Viking for a 10 night Caribbean.

Prices for the Cuba cruises look high in comparison as well, hope Azamara can find enough passengers for these cruises as they won't be that attractive to non US customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just thinking exactly the same thing John. Neither myself or any of my friends have any wish to go to Cuba with Azamara when Brits and Europeans have always been able to visit Cuba with no restrictions.

Actually Cuba holds no appeal for me at all.

I can highly recommend Viking though and I'm sure you and Carol will have a wonderful time. It's almost.... but not quite, as good as being onboard an Azamara ship but the website and pre cruise info are much better. The cabins and ships are beautiful and don't miss the Afternoon Tea! 😄

Or maybe it's a dry dock?

Ryszard mentioned to me, on my just ended cruise, that the Journey is going into dry dock in the upcoming months but I forgot when he mentioned it would be.

I wanted to book the Panama Canal cruise the end of December however it didn't materialize so I had to book Oceania for it.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing John. Neither myself or any of my friends have any wish to go to Cuba with Azamara when Brits and Europeans have always been able to visit Cuba with no restrictions.

Actually Cuba holds no appeal for me at all.

I can highly recommend Viking though and I'm sure you and Carol will have a wonderful time. It's almost.... but not quite, as good as being onboard an Azamara ship but the website and pre cruise info are much better. The cabins and ships are beautiful and don't miss the Afternoon Tea! [emoji1]

Thanks Lottie, our feelings regarding Cuba exactly.

Viking have been good so far, we booked a Penthouse Balcony, gratuities and flights were included, they threw in the Silver Spirits package for free! We added a 2 night 5* hotel package as well, all in for the 10 night cruise plus hotel the cost was £600 pp less than Azamara want for a 9 night Cuba cruise in a CC suite and that's cruise only.

As losers in the November Transatlantic cruise cancellation we had wondered about a January cruise to transfer our B2B booking to recalling there were some lovely west coast offerings. Oh dear no luck at all. Its round and round Cuba if we want a B2B.

We recall several speeches from Azamara executives condemning cruise lines for successive Caribbean itineraries and trumpeting that Azamara is different and we don't do successive journeys. They seem to have conveniently forgotten that script.

Part of Azamara's success in the last 18 months has been the large % of UK guests who have cruised with them - on many sailings UK guests were in the majority. Given how expensive it would be to cruise rather than enjoy an unrestricted land based trip to Cuba I cannot see many UK guests booking these cruises and they are at a time that are really popular with UK cruisers.

I wonder how many will now find another cruise line and not return to Azamara?

There was a time a few years ago, when Azamara had a lot of short, repetitive itineraries. They said they were seeking young executive types who could only take short amounts of time away from the office. We found these itineraries to be too limited to interest us, and cruised with other lines. Then Azamara changed strategies, and started offering longer cruises, more overnights and itineraries that strung together well as b2bs. So we came back. And now they're back to the shorter cruises and repeated itineraries. I guess everything old is new again. Maybe it's time for us to seek other lines again.

I wonder how many will now find another cruise line and not return to Azamara?

I'm not exclusive to any cruise line so will undoubtedly "return", but after 28 cruises on Azamara, it's 4 on Seabourn and just 1 on Azamara this year, and so far exclusively Seabourn next year. In my personal opinion, they offer better itineraries and a better price/quality ratio than any other line - at this moment in time. But fast forward a few years and things will undoubtedly have changed again. The most important thing is that there is competition and choice, and that everyone is happy with their individual choices.

Floris

I think a useful lesson here is not to book so far in advance. By booking a long way in advance you will not get the best price and you may be hit by changes. Personally I do not book more than 7-8 months in advance and more typically 6 months in advance. So far I have always got the cruise I wanted in the cabin grade I wanted.

I think a useful lesson here is not to book so far in advance. By booking a long way in advance you will not get the best price and you may be hit by changes. Personally I do not book more than 7-8 months in advance and more typically 6 months in advance. So far I have always got the cruise I wanted in the cabin grade I wanted.

Not true in this case, one of the reasons so many of us are finding it challenging to find replacement cruises is because the prices are now far higher than they were when we originally booked

Not true in this case, one of the reasons so many of us are finding it challenging to find replacement cruises is because the prices are now far higher than they were when we originally booked

I agree with uktog. The best prices are early in the booking.

Kathy

Sorry to disagree but you will find that the 2019 cruises you are looking at will be cheaper 6-9 months prior to sailing. I doubt that these sailings will sell out due to the prices.You may have heard of the Az 'book pay save' offer which is closer to departure date in which you tend to get the best prices.

Sorry to disagree but you will find that the 2019 cruises you are looking at will be cheaper 6-9 months prior to sailing. I doubt that these sailings will sell out due to the prices.You may have heard of the Az 'book pay save' offer which is closer to departure date in which you tend to get the best prices.

Nobody can be sure what will happen to future prices but the current Azamara trend seems to be ever upwards.

I will wait and see but our Azamara days are probably over.

This may be the case if you are able to travel on short notice; not everyone is able to do that. Book Pay & Save offers are very limited as many of Azamara's cruises are mostly sold out this close to sailing. There are already 2019 cruises that are sold out or have many cabin categories already full. Airfare most likely will be more expensive close to sailing, particularly international flights.