Hotel in Miami

3Putt77

My family of 3 is taking a Disney Cruise from Miami on April 25th so I'll need a hotel the night of the 24th. Can someone please suggest a reasonably priced (maybe a Hampton or Choice hotel) close to the dock? I don't know if any provide shuttles from the airport and/or to the docks but that would be a plus. Else we'll just take a cab/Uber. Thanks!

We found the hotels by the airport were generally cheaper than near the cruise port. We stayed at Hyatt Place Airport- East. https://miamiairporteast.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

It was nice/clean, free airport shuttle and free breakfast. Uber to POM was $15, with 4 people and 3 suitcases, we opted for Uber XL for $30. It only took about 15 min from the hotel to the port.

It makes little sense to me to have to take a paid shuttle/taxi/Uber from the airport to a hotel the night before and then take paid transportation again on the morning of the cruise. There are hotels that offer a shuttle to the port (or at least there were a couple years ago), but they tend to be a bit pricey. As above, there are lots of hotels near the airport that have complimentary shuttles from the airport to the hotel and cost less than those near the port. Unless you have an issue with staying near the airport, I'd do that and then do paid transportation in the morning to the port.

My suggestion would be to use one of the hotel search sites, find something that seems to fit your needs, and then ask here whether anyone has used that hotel.

That's why I like this forum. I appreciate the education and did some checking based on it. I'll book a hotel near the airport with a free airport shuttle. Some of them offer port shuttles but typically at a cost of about $10 - $15 per person (we have 3). For that I'll likely book an Uber for slightly less $$ and more flexibility on timing. Thanks!!