Royal or Regal Princess - Dimensions for a standard balcony

cruise101

I have read on several reviews that the balconies on standard balcony cabins on the Royal & Regal class vessels are very small. In fact one poster had stated that if you are sitting on the balcony chairs, your back will be touching the balcony door and your knees to the railing. So, wanted to know the actual dimensions of the balcony for a standard balcony cabin on the Royal or Regal ships. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Unless you book one of the standard balconies on the "hump." We were in D424 on Royal and the balcony was more than 65 square feet. We could have had 4 to 6 persons on the balcony with plenty of room.

Most Royal-class balconies are about 9'x4' which is slightly smaller than standard 9'x5' balconies on other Princess ships.

CC has many photos of the Royal & Regal and here's a 360° panorama view of the balcony.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/balcony-cabin--v24189/

I wasn't able to comfortably sit facing the railing & instead placed the chair at a 45° angle (as shown in the panoramic view) or parallel to the railing. While smaller, we still have enjoyed Royal-class balconies including having the UBD on our balcony.

Unless you book one of the standard balconies on the "hump." We were in D424 on Royal and the balcony was more than 65 square feet. We could have had 4 to 6 persons on the balcony with plenty of room.

Our cabin of choice on the Royal class! Loved it on the Regal and have it booked for two Royal cruises. It is more money but so worth it.

I have read on several reviews that the balconies on standard balcony cabins on the Royal & Regal class vessels are very small. In fact one poster had stated that if you are sitting on the balcony chairs, your back will be touching the balcony door and your knees to the railing. So, wanted to know the actual dimensions of the balcony for a standard balcony cabin on the Royal or Regal ships. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I can only speak in pictures on this topic. This was my balcony on Regal. It was the smallest balcony I've ever had.

enhance

Whoever told you that they are correct. They are about 4' x 10'. We took the large table off the balcony and had to situate our chairs and ottomans lengthwise the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost. I measured the balcony when we were on the Regal a couple of years ago. The measurements I got were 3'11" X 8'10".

They should be required to show perspective cruisers this photo before they book. ;)

Most people overlook a balcony that's one foot narrower for the other benefits of the Royal and Regal. We were on the Regal two years ago and are looking forward to our Royal cruise next month. Great ship.

The best way to describe the size of the balconies there between Small & Very Small. :eek: & :eek: :eek:.

Tony

I can only speak in pictures on this topic. This was my balcony on Regal. It was the smallest balcony I've ever had.

enhance

We've had the same but this is a std. balcony, not a mini, correct? We had a mini in February on the Royal and it was much better. The Princess Mini price wise is similar to a Signature Suite on Holland America but the balcony and cabin on Holland is much bigger.

Here's a Holland Signature Suite balcony69e501a7e334d4be0ec9e54c952128c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have considered one of those mid-ship balconies that were just described as being 'on the hump' The ones on Emerald are sold as obstructed, but are not really obstructed, as the lifeboats, etc. are all just forward or aft.

On a budget, I have weighed the larger balcony against the lack of privacy, being right there overlooking Promenade.

Hhhhhmmm????

Yes, those pictures say a thousand words!!!

That is SMALL : o

Most people overlook a balcony that's one foot narrower for the other benefits of the Royal and Regal. We were on the Regal two years ago and are looking forward to our Royal cruise next month. Great ship.

This. We actually don't care about the size of the balcony so long as you can actually sit out there - and you can albeit at an angle for comfort.

We loved the Regal last year and will shortly be on the Royal and I'm very happy. Two years ago we had a coveted cabin (C752) on the Grand for our first Princess cruise, which was to Alaska. Well, the balcony was magnificent and served us well, especially as we had stunning weather, but nothing else about the ship really impressed; certainly not the cabin itself nor the buffet! In short, we'd choose the Royal class any day, despite the balconies.

We have considered one of those mid-ship balconies that were just described as being 'on the hump' The ones on Emerald are sold as obstructed, but are not really obstructed, as the lifeboats, etc. are all just forward or aft.

On a budget, I have weighed the larger balcony against the lack of privacy, being right there overlooking Promenade.

Hhhhhmmm????

Yes, those pictures say a thousand words!!!

That is SMALL : o

Even the "hump" balconies on the Royal are tiny. I was shocked, thinking it would be more like a Caribe balcony on the grand class ships. Three of us could barely fit. Privacy wasn't an issue, though, at least on the Caribe deck.

You might be right since people who have had them seem to return again for another season.

As for myself, if that was the only choice, I'll pass & go on another ship of save money & book an inside cabin.

Even the "hump" balconies on the Royal are tiny. I was shocked, thinking it would be more like a Caribe balcony on the grand class ships. Three of us could barely fit. Privacy wasn't an issue, though, at least on the Caribe deck.

Not true.

Hey, EMS8, That cabin seems ideal! (if we decide to pay a little more for that location)

Was wind an issue on that balcony?

Did it seem relatively private, from the Promenade, compared to the Emerald Deck balconies, where it would seen like people always out there, walking by, etc...

I wouldn't exactly call 65 square feet a tiny balcony.

Hey, EMS8, That cabin seems ideal! (if we decide to pay a little more for that location)

Was wind an issue on that balcony?

Did it seem relatively private, from the Promenade, compared to the Emerald Deck balconies, where it would seen like people always out there, walking by, etc...

The wind was no issue at all and privacy no issue either. However, we don't usually sit out on our balcony in the buff! We were in the Caribbean and spent a lot of time on that balcony. The only things I didn't like about that stateroom was the small bathroom (when you can sit on the toilet and put your hand FLAT on the door, that is a small bathroom) and the lack of a couch. We came to Princess from Celebrity and all balcony staterooms on Celebrity ships have a couch. Otherwise, it was a great stateroom choice and location for our first Princess cruise.

Thank you! Just personal preference, I would like to be angled forward, if we don't get blown away!

And, yes, like these standard balconies, these Princess Bathrooms are beyond TINY! And, that shower....

Hey, can you remember if the bed in that room was on the left wall, also facing 'forward'?

I was hesitant about booking Royal due to the small balconies, but honestly, they did bot bother me as much as I thought. Would I like a bigger balcony?...sure, but we loved the rest of the ship! So it is a tradeoff that we are willing to make.

I will say however, that the shower has to be the smallest I've seen since our first cruise on Celebrity Meridian, a ship built in the 60s. Both showers require a deep knee bend if you drop the soap! And what's with the shower curtain?!

Still, we loved Royal Princess!