New to Windstar with Questions

vaitape

We're thinking about the 14 day 2 Dec Panama Canal and Costa Rica cruise. We've sailed quite a bit (in our opinion anyway!) but this would be our time on Windstar. We have a few questions and would appreciate your input.

We understand about Country Club Casual attire for dining rooms but is there an al fresco dinner venue available to enjoy the lovely Caribbean evenings in shorts? I looked on CC and on the website and found 2 venues for dinner, both with dining room attire and ambiance but no mention of outside dining for dinner.

What can we expect for prices of wines by the glass and beer on board?

Thank you!

Candles is the outside dining available on Windstar cruises for dinner. Country club casual is still the dress attire for Candles. When you board you can make reservations for Candles. Unless the weather is bad, you will be dining al fresco. It can be a lovely evening.

Both times we have been on board we ate at Candles only once. I've heard that after everyone has had the opportunity to make a reservation you can ask and possibly get a second reservation. Perhaps also, being on a 14 day cruise, you will be able to go twice. On the Wind Spirit our evening at Candles was wonderful. On the Wind Surf I had a few issues with my main course and was disappointed.

14 days - at least 2 deck bbq nights and 2 Candles nights. Dining room manager for the Verandah is same as for Candles. He will try to accomodate your request for additional nights as people change their minds. Candles is more casual and country club casual is anything with a collar and no shorts at night. It's a warm weather cruise and casual is the key. Daytime shorts, t- shirts, bathing suits. Fortunately we've never had a bad experience at Candles on any of the ships. Lovely wines available at reasonable prices. Unfinished bottles can be saved for next night. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They are rolling out the new wine and/or spirits packages which are per person. The basic wine package looks to be about 3 glasses/day break even. See the other thread on this.

4 by my count, which is too many for me. What wasn't stated there is whether both people in a cabin have to take the package. That would make it 8 glasses a day for the one drinker!